Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default London - Cabs from Heathrow into City

Can anyone recommend a cab company for transportation into London from Heathrow. How were the rates? We are cruising in August and are spending three days pre-cruise in London - would like some recommendations.

I understand if you book a private cab they only give you XX amount of time to get to the cab and then they start charge for time waiting.

Thanks,

Marion
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Adventure of the Sea 9/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: London - Cabs from Heathrow into City

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiztime
Can anyone recommend a cab company for transportation into London from Heathrow. How were the rates? We are cruising in August and are spending three days pre-cruise in London - would like some recommendations.

I understand if you book a private cab they only give you XX amount of time to get to the cab and then they start charge for time waiting.

Thanks,

Marion
you can get the airport bus or train to central london its easy
Old April 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Beginner

You really do not need a cab. The tube (their subway) is right at the airport. Buy an all day ticket ( less than $10.00 a day or a THREE DAY PASS FOR A LITTLE MORE) and you take your luggage with you. There are tube maps (posted on the walls) which indicate which tube to take ( like DC or Paris subways) and/or you can ask when you purchase the ticket. Before you go, inquire of the hotel from what tube station you disembark. Everyone on the tube is pleasant and there are clearly marked sections available for people travelilng with luggage from the airport. Enjoy.
Old April 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, we do have two large bags and two small ones that we will be luggung around. I thought a cab would work best because we will be tired. We will be arriving at 2AM NY time and I don't sleep on planes. After 12 hours of travel time (we fly from Buffalo and lay over in JFK for a few hours) a cab would be nice!

Thanks for the encouragement though, I will give it some consideration.
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Adventure of the Sea 9/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Beginner

Take a train. I mean, the tube, as stated below. We have done this WITH luggage. Really not a problem.
Old April 21st, 2006, 11:09 PM
Beginner

Default Airport to London

I have used londontown.com for all my trips from either Heathrow or Gatwick to the hotel. Then I have used them from the hotel to the pier, Harwich or Dover. What is great about them is that the driver gives you a great mini tour pointing out different sites and history. The more you have riding with you the cheaper it is. I found out for three of us to go to Harwich roundtrip it was cheaper than Royal Caribbean and we were early on and early off in a comfortable Mercedes. From the airport, the vehicle was usually a very nice mini van. It was nice coming through customs and seeing your name on a placard and off you go to the front door of your hotel. I personally hate lugging my luggage up and down the tube with all those stairs or dirty elevators. I prefer to get to my hotel, rest a little and enjoy London. If you have any more questions please private email me. Enjoy