Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Default Private Tours - Baltic Cruise on Rotterdam 6/22

We are two couples in our sixties seeking anyone who might have booked private tours in Helsinki, Stockholm, Talinn or Oslo and still have room for four more...or who would be interested in joining us. We are also looking at several options in St. Petersburg. Just trying to avoid the large bus and resulting crowds associated with the ship tours!

Don
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Beginner

We are taking a cruise to Baltic on Ms Amsterdam on 6/22, which probably has similar itineraries. We are going to be in Tallinn on 6/24, Helsinki on 6/27, Stockholm on 6/28 (Oslo is not included). We are planning to be on our own in Tallinn, but I am looking at private (small group) tours in Helsinki, Stockholm and Berlin (is it in your itinerary as well?). I've sent an inquiry to Port Compass (see this link http://www.portcompass.com/regionpro...?region=Baltic) for the above tours. I am trying to see if they can offer full day tours in Helsinki and Stockholm. We will be happy to share tours with you.

We are in our 40ht, but I hope you do not mind.
Old June 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Passenger

The Rotterdam itinerary parallels the Amsterdam right through Warnemunde, I think. We dock in Warnemunde on 6/30, after which we sail to Arhus, DK, and Oslo before heading to Rotterdam. I believe you sail through the canal after the Berline stop on your way to Amsterdam. We will be in Talinn on 6/24...I've sent a note to their Tourist Office, but haven't heard back. As for Helsinki (6/27) and Stockholm (6/28) we found that they have sightseeing tours (Helsinki has a hop on, hop off bus similar to that which operates in Copenhagen - with head sets offering guide lectures in various languages). In Warnemunde we have reserved a rental car, but would be interested in what you learn from your inquiry with Port Compass! You can email me at dwanke@yahoo.com if you get something interesting.
Old June 6th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Beginner

I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.