Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Beginner

Default What do taxis cost from Livorno to Florence/Lucca/Chianti

The day excursions that some of these threads have talked about are a bit out of my price range, plus my traveling partner has already been to Florence and Pisa numerous times and most likely does not want to repeat the typical places to see there. We also usually prefer to explore on our own, but the drive into Florence from Livorno is stated as 90 minutes.

How much would a cab/transfer cost us? Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Most people opt to take the trains. In fact, if you walk off the ship in Livorno I believe the train station is within walking disyance (or a fairly cheap cab ride). You know european trains are very well run.

Old August 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Admiral

lokomotiva,

The day excursions that some of these threads have talked about are a bit out of my price range, plus my traveling partner has already been to Florence and Pisa numerous times and most likely does not want to repeat the typical places to see there. We also usually prefer to explore on our own, but the drive into Florence from Livorno is stated as 90 minutes.

How much would a cab/transfer cost us? Anyone know?

You might want to take another look at your cruise line's shore excursions. Most cruise lines offer a shore excursion called "Florence on Your Own" (or something similar) that provides round trip transportation between the pier and a drop-off and pick-up point in Firenze ("Florence"), but nothing else, for about the price of the train ride. They also have the timing synchronized to the ship's schedule so you'll maximize your time in Firenze this way. Best of all, you won't have the hassle of getting to and from the train station.

The timing of about an hour and a half each way s about right. If the "on your own" tour runs from 8:30 to 5:30, it will arrive in Firenze around 10:00 and leave around 4:00 so you'll have about six hours there.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old August 18th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Beginner

Thanks.
Old August 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
Beginner

The exursions in Livorno for Florence and Pisa all day long have this price:
2-4 prs € 320
5-6 prs € 360
7-8 prs € 400
speak english driver