Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Beginner

Default which cruise line

my DD and I are looking to cruise europe in july 08 as a graduation gift. she would love to see Paris. Which cruise line would you recommend and cost is a factor as college is next
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2007, 01:56 AM
Admiral

drb,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
my DD and I are looking to cruise europe in july 08 as a graduation gift. she would love to see Paris. Which cruise line would you recommend and cost is a factor as college is next
Above all else, I recommend doing your homework to find a cruise ine that's the best match for your personal style and your daughter's personal style. The major bookstores, like Barnes & Noble and Borders, carry such guidebooks. If you read the descriptions of the various lines, you will be in a much better position to make an informed decision.

Norm.
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Hi drb,

The only problem with Paris is that the ships dock a couple of hours drive away, so there is not as much time to see paris as you would like. What I would suggest is that you maybe fly to Paris CDG instead of London & stay a night or two to see it properly.

From Paris CDG you can get a direct flight to Southampton for the cruise - which would be a lot easier than London, or from the centre of Pairs (Gare Du Nord) you can take "Le Shuttle" into London Waterloo, which is the correct station for trains to Southampton.

From Southampton you have Princess, Cunard, P&O, RCI, as well as some of the budget cruise lines.

An alternative to Southampton is Dover which has a lot less lines, and would mean a ferry crossing from Calais in France, but thought I'd mention it.

Hope this give you some ideas, if you have any questions, feel free to send us a private message & we'll do our best to help.

Alan& Katrina

Next: Queen Elizabeth December 2014
Followed by: Minerva April 2015

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(6), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: which cruise line

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb
Take a pre or post cruise visit to Paris. It is too far from the sea and far too interesting to see much of anything in a 5 hour shore excursion.