Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Beginner

Default St. Petersburg - Lunch while on Tour

I have scheduled a Denrus tour off of a cruise in August and am wondering if anyone has any advise as to what lunch option they have experienced? Given the makeup of our group we have opted out of the lunch with a Russian family. But Denrus is suggesting some restaurants and the meals seem a lot more extensive and heavy than what I ordinarily eat in the middle of the day. As well as at least twice as expensive ($15 - $25) I am sure I can tell them that I want something simpler but am looking for tales of what others have tried and liked.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We did a tour with DenRus, and did the restaurant lunch. It was a most enjoyable lunch in a nice restaurant.

Yes, it is a full meal, and not that inexpensive.

But all through Europe and the Baltic the mid day meal is normally the large meal of the day... and they eat a light dinner. Pretty common practice.
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Admiral

I don't know of one in St. Petersburg but the St. Petersburg Hotel in Tallinn, Estonia is really good for lunch. We had the most amazing shrimp sandwiches on the most incredible homemade Rusian village bread. It was a must.
Old July 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Beginner

We went on the Baltic NCL cruise last September and did the Denrus St. Petersburg tour of 2 days. While the tours were absolutely wonderful and our Guide, Elena, was great, the restaurants that she took us to were pretty bad. One had a set menu and nobody (there were 6 of us) liked the food, and I think the tour guides get a kickback or free food at the restaurants. Aside from that, the 2 days we spent there were superb! Enjoy your cruise!
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Beginner

Default Denrus Lunch

We asked to skip lunch since there was so much to do and none of us really needed another big meal. The request was either forgotten or ignored because we were taken to a restaurant. The meal was fine but nothing to write home about. I would definitely rather spend more time anywhere than in a restaurant. We had a good itinerary and I would be happy to share it with you. We also had a couple of shopping stops I would avoid. For more details you can send a note to carolheigh@comcast.net