Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Beginner

Default Need advice- Italy, port of call Naples

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are going on a 12 day cruise with 1 day stop at Naples, from 7 AM till 7PM. I would like to visit Capri(Blue Grotto) and the Amalfi coast. Do you think it's possible to accomplish it in this timeframe?

If yes, how should we do it( time, transportation)?

Thank You, I would really appreciate a response
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Need advice- Italy, port of call Naples

livmyway13,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYou
My husband and I are going on a 12 day cruise with 1 day stop at Naples, from 7 AM till 7PM. I would like to visit Capri(Blue Grotto) and the Amalfi coast. Do you think it's possible to accomplish it in this timeframe?
Not if you want to have enough time to absorb these great destinations and to take in their significant attractions. I strongly recommend choosing one (either the Isle of Capri or Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast) for this port of call and putting the other on hold until you return to Napoli on another cruise.

Quote:
If yes, how should we do it( time, transportation)?
The ship's full day tours of both destinations, with lunch at local restaurants included, are wonderful. They are your most seemless option, they include admission to all of the major highlights, and you won't have a problem if an accident or severe weather delays the excursion's return to the pier at the end of the day.

Both locations feature magnificent wood inlay artistry. If you choose to visit the Isle of Capri, be sure to watch the optional demonstration of the wood inlay game table at "the department store" that faces the main road on the opposite side of the town square in Anacapri. This gorgeous piece has interesting surprises!

Norm.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Familiar Face

My advice is to skip Capri alltogether and spend the day touring the Amalfi Coast making sure your driver includes a stop at the Emerald Grotto near Amalfi.We used Roberto of www.DriveAmalfi.com and had a ball
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Beginner

I spent a beautiful day in Sorrento and Amalfi Coast. I booked this tour with an English speaking driver, Amedeo (www.amedeoavellino.com). He quoted me a reasonable price for a tour of 9 hours. Choose your favourite destination, Capri or Amalfi Coast, then you'll be able to plan your trip.
Enjoy your holiday!