Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Beginner

Default Eastern Med private excursions

We are a group of 5 considering an Eastern Med cruise from the UK next year. Possible ports of call are Corfu, Katakolon (Greece), Athens, Mykonos (Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey), Rhodes, Santorini (Greece), Naples and Rome. We would like to book private excursions in these places and would appreciate recommendations of taxi firms etc. who would be able to pick us from port and give us a guided tour at these various places, preferably to see the countryside and avoid places where the ship's tours go.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Beginner

ATHENS: Paul who owns Greek Taxi (admin@greektaxi.com). Paul is passionate and reliable. His knowledge of the back roads of Athens is amazing!
NAPLES: info@sorrentosilverstar.com Alfonso the driver took us on a marvellous tour of the Amalfi Coast. Not to be missed. He made lunch reservations at a cliff-top restaurant that was amazing
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Passenger

For Rome/Naples we used Fabrizio with allarounditaly.net - he contacted me 2 wks before the trip to go over the itinerary, we initially picked him because of cost. In the end it was the perfect choice. He's very engaging and funny. He's very flexible with how you want to spend your day.

For Turkey, check out Ekol Travel. Highly Recommended.

For Katakolon....George Letsios georgetaxi@vodafone.net.gr and his website is www.taxikatakolon.gr
Old June 12th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Beginner

Thanks GoGoTrvl. Have bookmarked all those websites. Looking forward to planning our next Med cruise but off to Alaska this Saturday!
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Beginner

Naples : we used a private Driver/Guide called Giuseppe De Toro.
Rome : we used Rome limo Gianfranco
Old June 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Beginner

We suggest you to book your shore excursions in Rome and Naples through www.drivearounditaly.com as we did.
We had in Rome Carlo, amazing driver and Rino in Naples excellent.
They took us everywhere where the cruise ship tours don' t go.
They waited for us in front of the ship with very cleaned and new Mercedes Minivans.
With Carlo we went to the "Key Hole" in Rome... what a surprise!!
Rino took us to "La Tagliata" restaurant in Positano overlooking the city...
what a great food we had without spending a fortune...
We highly recommend them!!
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Beginner

Our trip in Sorrento and Amalfi Coast was amazing. Our private driver was Amedeo Avellino, an English speaking driver with a good knowledge of the area. Look at his website www.amedeoavellino.com He quoted me a reasonable price for an excursion of 9 hours.
Old June 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Passenger

I forgot to add 2 more recommendations for Turkey:

www.toursinistanbul.com and www.leventsolmaz.com
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to cabr60

Our driver was Claudio and we only had one day because we were on a cruise. We had an amazing day and were able to see almost everything. We had a great lunch and really enjoyed our tour and our trip.
I highly recommend, www.aarentacar.it
it's the only way to go!
cabr60@yahoo.com
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to cabr60

Cannot say enough about Angelini chauffeured limousine during our recent visit to Rome. Ignazio was our driver and he was fantastic. He was very fun and knowledgeable about all of the sites and took us to several sites off the beaten path.
You definitely made our trip to Rome very special.
Thanks so much
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Athens Excursions

We simple LOVED the tour we did in Athens, private and our guide was wonderful. Met us in the port and let us take the tour at our own pace. It was an incredible day! We booked it with a sweet lady named Alexa, who answered all of our questions online. Greece Cruise Excursions

Best of luck with your decision and enjoy your cruise!
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Beginner

Default booked 2 tours with Miles&Miles

Hi
my holidays are very close! I booked 2 tours for Rome and Florence through Miles&Miles on www.toursofrome.it

I found them on About.com with a great article that I will include in this post

http://goitaly.about.com/b/a/257627.htm

You have to ask for a guy called Francesco

Have fun!
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Beginner

Default good tour guide

I had Rudy in Rome and he also tour Florence and Naples.
He is good,very knowledgeable and reasonable price.
Unfortunaly I didn't book tours in other cities but in Rome and on the amalfi coast I did and the services whre exellent.
I can reccomand him.
Look for his website on yahoo or google with: rudy rome car tours
Alain
Old September 13th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Passenger

Default Review of Norwegian gem with many info in Europe

We take the cruise on 27 July 2008 with the Norwegian Gem in the Mediterranean , it was overwhelming.
Excellent service and a very beautiful ship which you need really time to discover.
And a variety of food of good quality for every one, normal drink's of tea, coffee ect. and ice cream is available with out charge 24 h a day. You can eat almost the whole day so if your feel hungry in the night just take a bite.
Overall it was a wonderful cruise, for more information with beautiful pictures and flash movie including info how to take your own excursions with train schedules and prices of tickets ect. please visit my homepage below.

http://www.nedstar.mycruiseadviser.com

Here you can also download information.
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Eastern Med private excursions

Hi,

Contact with ozer ozerada@gmail.com for Kusadasi excursion you'll get best deal

Flaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosteve
We are a group of 5 considering an Eastern Med cruise from the UK next year. Possible ports of call are Corfu, Katakolon (Greece), Athens, Mykonos (Greece), Kusadasi (Turkey), Rhodes, Santorini (Greece), Naples and Rome. We would like to book private excursions in these places and would appreciate recommendations of taxi firms etc. who would be able to pick us from port and give us a guided tour at these various places, preferably to see the countryside and avoid places where the ship's tours go.
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Beginner

We just returned from 12 days Eastern Med cruise with Norwegian Jade. It was a FABULOUS trip. We tend toward doing most of the ports ourselves, and hiring private guides if necessary because we enjoy researching the ports and like the flexibility and efficiency of a private tour (we have found it to be cheaper than the ship’s tours as well).

Below see the local operators we used. Highly recommend them:

Athens: Spiros - spirostours@yahoo.com

Ephesus: Denizhan - ephesustours@yahoo.com

Santorini: Anna - info@santorinidaytours.com

Hope it helps.
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Just returned from a med cruise…..in Naples, I used www.naplesportshoreexcursion.com very professional driver/guide.
I highly recommend this company
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Passenger

I just returned from an 11 day Mediterranean cruise. In Naples, we used sorrentosilverstar.com for our excursion and it was fabulous.
Luisa and Massimo were very professional, knowledgeable and lots of fun. We had arranged an 8 hour Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano tour, since it was pouring rain in Pompeii, we shorted our time there and spent additional time in Sorrento. It was great. I highly recommend sorrentosilverstar.
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

NOTE: CruiseMates has decided to let posts like this stay up since more people are looking for independent tour guides these days.

Ideally, we are looking for idependent recommendations from people who have used the services of a tour provider.

If you have a tour service, we ask you not to POST original "new topic" posts about your service, but if someone asks a question such as this one, you can REPLY to it.

ALL TOUR COMPANIES OWNERS REPLYING TO POSTS SHOULD LIST THE NUMBER IF YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS AND ANY OFFICIAL LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS THEY HAVE TO CONDUCT A TOUR BUSINESS.

Old March 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Passenger

For Naples I would righly raccomande Giuseppe De Toro - a private driver guide.
We went with him to the Amalfi Coast. He showed us Positano, Amalfi and Ravello - and also a lot of other little places along the Coast 8i can't remember the names...
The highligth of the day was the fantastic lunch ....really good food for little money and a fantastic view...
Old March 28th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Passenger

For Naples I would righly raccomande Giuseppe De Toro - a private driver guide.
We went with him to the Amalfi Coast. He showed us Positano, Amalfi and Ravello - and also a lot of other little places along the Coast 8i can't remember the names...
The highligth of the day was the fantastic lunch ....really good food for little money and a fantastic view...
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:16 AM
Beginner

Hi

In Kusadasi contact with LOGIC TOURS they have an excellent service

Flaw
Old April 6th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Beginner

Default Tour operator in Israel

In Israel you may contact Bein Harim tour company for custom made private tours with departures from Ashdod and Haifa