Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Familiar Face

Default Baltic Cruise Weather

Another weather question: from looking at the port average temps, it looks like it never gets too hot on the Baltic cruises, even in mid-summer. High in the 70s. Does this sound about right, figuring on a moving ship it might even be a little cooler?
What about England?

Carnival Freedom/4-2007

Free Cruise Clocks
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Yeoman

Is your cruise in July? A warm day in Stockholm in July, around 85. It can be warmer (over 100 but that´s very rare) but 80-85 is a normal temperature.
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Yeoman

Is your cruise in July? A warm day in Stockholm in July, around 85. It can be warmer (over 100 but that´s very rare) but 80-85 is a normal temperature.
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Familiar Face

July 25-Aug6 Seems like the average temp on the CCL website might be low-balling it. I don't want to take a lot of clothes but I don't want to be uncomfortable with the wrong stuff.

Carnival Freedom/4-2007

Free Cruise Clocks
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Yeoman

Bring something warm to wear. Even if the temperatur isn´t very low, all the water in Stockholm can make it feel colder.

I have been in England a lots of times in late July and it has always been warm, with "warm" I mean that a jacket is not needed.
Old June 18th, 2008, 03:31 PM
First Mate

We were on a Baltic Cruise two years ago in June and the weather was unusually warm. London was in the 80's. It was in the 90's in St. Petersburg and most ports. It was so hot. Everyone was discussing how many pairs of shorts they brought. Most everyone brought one pair of shorts and wore them over and over again. I packed a lot for warm weather and lucked out because I would have froze if it was there normal temps. I am not sure what I was thinking. I would just watch the weather and see what its been like.
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Beginner

Weather in England can unpredictable to say the least. Be prepared for hot, cool and windy weather.

PS Don't forget your umberella!!