Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Passenger

Default Rome In Limo

I had a private tour with Rome in Limo on Tuesday, September 16, and our driver was Chris. He was a wonderful tour guide. We saw so much in a short time period and learned so much about Italy’s history. I can’t say enough about how terrific Chris was. He was so knowledgeable about every place we visited. He was lively and entertaining and just great!!! I will be happy to recommend your company to anyone that travels to Italy. It was affordable since we were able to get 8 people from our singles group to commit to taking the van. The van also was terrific, so comfortable. The service was top notch.

I can't imagine how we could have possibly seen as much in the short amount of time we had, especially if we had gone on our own or even a ship tour. Chris drove us right up to the front of everything, got us through the lines quickly without all the hassles, and was so safe in a city with crazy drivers. Chris seemed like he was a long time family friend showing us his wonderful country and wanting us to love it too, which we all did.

We were never bored and Chris was interesting and informative in a fun way. We paid extra to have a licensed guide to take us into the Vatican. What a value for the money! She, Katarina, was so warm and enthusiastic and taught us so much without it ever feeling like she was teaching us. We never would have been able to understand the things we were seeing with the scope that we did all because of her.

I was so sorry that we went with another tour company in Naples. The company was recommended by someone in our group and we had two Volkswagon vans and were not very comfortable. The driver didn’t speak unless you asked him a question and its very hard to ask a question when you don’t have a clue where you are. We also used ships tours and went to Pisa and then to Tuscany. I’m very sorry we did that also. The Pisa tour was okay but the Tuscany tour was terrible. We were supposed to see beautiful countryside but didn’t and they took us to a winery where they didn’t even show us the vineyards. I was very disappointed in it.
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I have heard nothing but great reviews about Rome Limo. I may use them for my trip next year.
cheers
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old November 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Beginner

We used Rome in Limo in Rose a couple of years ago and loved them. We did Rome in two days, and we got into places most people don't get to go. We had personal service in the Vatican, and were picked up 20 ft outside after the papal blessing when most people had to walk blocks and blocks. We had a personal guide arranged by them through the Vatican Museum.

I would recommend Rome in Limo to anyone visitng Italy in any of the cities where they are.

Pam
Old December 7th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default RomeInLimo Company

We used RomeInLimo and each of our drivers/guides were EXCELLENT!
We recommend Rome in Limo highly.
www.romeinlimo.com
Old December 25th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Familiar Face

Happy Holidays to all of the great members of this forum!!!!!
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Beginner

Default suggestion

i need a tour in rome..can you tell me what to do in may at the seaport in civitavecchia?
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Beginner

is Rome in limo good? I heard so much about it, but I also red a lot of complain!!! Are the driver english speaking and are they nice?
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Beginner

Default help for you

They were so nice with my family.It can probably happened something wrong or an emergency while they were working...
I remember,anyway that my driver did not speak good english,but we had a great day in rome...
there are a lot of tour company in italy if you don't trust romeinlimo
bye
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Passenger

We used Rome in Limo for a one day tour of Rome and Duman was wonderful. I cannot imagine anyone being unhappy with Duman and think perhaps that negative comments come from people who had someone else. I have learned to request the person I want whenever possible.
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresny
is Rome in limo good? I heard so much about it, but I also red a lot of complain!!! Are the driver english speaking and are they nice?
Deja Vu, another jealous competitor !!!
RIL went over and above any expectations we could have had
we will definitely be using them on our next cruise
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Admiral

I have booked Romeinlimo for both rome and florence. I have heard many positive comments about them; it seemed they were the best to use.

Go Reds
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Familiar Face

We used Romeinlimo in Rome and Naples, and I'm sorry we didn't use them in Florence too. We took the ship's tour in Florence and it was disappointing compared to Romeinlimo. The bus had to park quite a ways away from the attractions so we spent a lot of time walking just to get there, and then at each stop we waited 10-20 minutes while the guide went to try to find stragglers before we could go on.
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

davejohn, how did you pay for romeinlimo? They say they want cash, thats a lot of cash to carry around. I have a group of 15

Go Reds
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Familiar Face

We paid with Traveler's Checks in Euros that we purchased from our local bank. Some of the other people in our group paid in cash.
Old March 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Admiral

thanks for the answer, I guess I will contact my bank and see if they sell euro travelerls checks.

Go Reds
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1
thanks for the answer, I guess I will contact my bank and see if they sell euro travelerls checks.
Are you back home
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Beginner

My husband and I used Rome in Limo for our tour of Rome last Sept.(9/08). We had a great time!! When we had dinner that night back on the ship and heard the stories from our tablemates, we were event happier!! We saw three time the sites they did because they spend most of the day walking around lost!! (on the ship tour). I only wish we had used them in more ports. After the trip I told my parents they needed to book Rome in Limo for their upcoming trip. They felt the cost was a bit much for just the two of them so they found three other couples on the cruise broads to go with them. The cost ended up much less then the ship's tours. They booked 2 ports (Rome and Livorno) and they also had a great time. I just booked another cruise, this time with our three teenage children. We booked in three ports; Livorno, Rome and Naples.
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by npope
My husband and I used Rome in Limo for our tour of Rome last Sept.(9/08). We had a great time!! When we had dinner that night back on the ship and heard the stories from our tablemates, we were event happier!! We saw three time the sites they did because they spend most of the day walking around lost!! (on the ship tour). I only wish we had used them in more ports. After the trip I told my parents they needed to book Rome in Limo for their upcoming trip. They felt the cost was a bit much for just the two of them so they found three other couples on the cruise broads to go with them. The cost ended up much less then the ship's tours. They booked 2 ports (Rome and Livorno) and they also had a great time. I just booked another cruise, this time with our three teenage children. We booked in three ports; Livorno, Rome and Naples.
Thanks for sharing
Carlitos
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejohn View Post
We used Romeinlimo in Rome and Naples, and I'm sorry we didn't use them in Florence too. We took the ship's tour in Florence and it was disappointing compared to Romeinlimo. The bus had to park quite a ways away from the attractions so we spent a lot of time walking just to get there, and then at each stop we waited 10-20 minutes while the guide went to try to find stragglers before we could go on.
Thanks for sharing
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Admiral

In case anyone is still watching this thread. My wife and our group did use Romeinlimo; we used them both in Rome and Florence. They met us at the pier in both places. They have air conditioned mini vans, they have cooleers of water, they will stop at atms if u need one; and the driver/guides know all the places to take you, so you don't miss anything in both cities. We saw more in Rome during our stop, when I spoke with other passengers that night, they did not go to some of the places we did; and they didn't get to spend as much time at the sites that we did. In Pisa/Florence we had a special treat. We did go to the leaning tower, and we did go to Florence; but our guides took us to a few other special places; such as the oldest church in Europe that was actually built before St. Peters in Rome; and we went to the cemetary where the Author of Pinocchio is buried; very cool. My group of 15, were very happy with Romeinlimo and will use them again when we return to the area.

Go Reds
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Beginner

Default Hello

I have visited many time Rome, but never in Limo. Anyway I am wondering how have you visited the small streets or the Piazza degli Angeli, because there is hard to arrive in car.
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Beginner

My family and I are using Rome In Limo of June 21. I made the decision based on all the praise here and on another board. I'll try to let everyone know about our experience when we return. Thanks.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Cool Romeinlimo

WE too used them last year for a tour of Rome and Cinque Terra.. it seems all their drivers are excepltional. What I thought was a nice touch was our driver (and I think others do too) is give each couple a bottle of red wine as a "thank you"..
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Passenger

Question Questions about Rome In Limo

I want to know more about Rome In Limo before booking tours.

1. Is the cost dependent on number of passengers?
2. How many hours do they take you around cities?
3. What do they do for lunch if you do all-day tours?
4. Do you book directly online or through an agent?

Any informatoin is appreciated.
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Cost of tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPrincess View Post
I want to know more about Rome In Limo before booking tours.

1. Is the cost dependent on number of passengers?
2. How many hours do they take you around cities?
3. What do they do for lunch if you do all-day tours?
4. Do you book directly online or through an agent?

Any informatoin is appreciated.
Romeinlimo...can take at least eight passengers comfortably in their a/c vans
For an all day tour at one spot in Tuscany our driver, Claudio, arranged for a local restaurant to set up for us for what turned out to be a memorable lunch. in Cinque Terra, Salvatore stopped and bought us all breakfasts early in the a.m. and then on tour that day we were in an area of local restaurants.. and on our tour of Rome..the drivers seemed to stop in one area (easier parking for them) and we had our choice of having lunch or walking around.. lunch in all cases was up to us.

Y0u can get all sorts of information on line at their website.

For Cinque Terra we had a driver and a guide, and the guide stayed with us at all times and the driver met us at certain spots..

There are times Crystal Princess when you have to trust other cruisers in their recommendations and this is one.. Yes, you can try doing some tours on your own or with the ship, but it's not the same.. Try to meet other people on your cruise ahead of time and make arrangements for whatever your interested in. If you need the e-mail site I'll be delighted to send it to you..
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat
Default Rome in Limo

We used Rome In Limo for a day tour in Rome. Our guide, Francesco, was nice and professional. He picked us up at 0845 and we were with him until 5 p.m. My husband loved that Francesco wore a suit, making him look professional. He provided us with a fantastic day, full of knowledge, sightseeing, and loads of information. In certain places cars are not allowed to park, he would pull over and let us out, give us a time to meet him back, and allow us to go look. He took us everywhere he could think of and anywhere we wanted to go that time allowed. If we return to anywhere they are available, we will definitely use them again."
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Beginner

Thanks for all the great information so far. I will be stopping in Rome for two days in Oct/Nov as part of the cruise. I looked at the RomeInLimo website, and to register, the forms requests your credit card and number. From the above messages it looks like you can pay them when you're there though. Did you guys provide them with your credit card information? Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I'm not sure that that is safe??

Thanks!
Old July 11th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscully View Post
Thanks for all the great information so far. I will be stopping in Rome for two days in Oct/Nov as part of the cruise. I looked at the RomeInLimo website, and to register, the forms requests your credit card and number. From the above messages it looks like you can pay them when you're there though. Did you guys provide them with your credit card information? Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I'm not sure that that is safe??

Thanks!
They only ask for one credit card to hold the reservation. Nothing will be charged to the card unless there is a "no show" and not canceled ahead. They want to be paid in EUROS the day of the tour.
Enjoy your tour
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Carlito, thanks for posting these weblinks; they will come in handy.

Go Reds