CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Eastern Mediterranean - Dubrovnik in CROATIA (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/361525-eastern-mediterranean-dubrovnik-croatia.html)

flyingcarpet February 17th, 2009 03:16 PM

Eastern Mediterranean - Dubrovnik in CROATIA

We were on cruise last year and visited Croatian coast(Dubrovnik).We didn`t know that it`s so beautiful - we found out that Croatia was visited by 11 million tourists and Dubrovnik by more than 850 000 people just from cruise ships.Dubrovnik and Croatia is definitely the hot spot of Europe regarding tourism.Fortunately,we had a wonderful tour guide in Dubrovnik Denis (denisdubrovnik@yahoo.com) to show us all the hidden treasures of this medieval walled town.We had a walking tour and visited museums and city walls(must see).Dubrovnik is so magical town,full of history and in vicinity of it there is one sandy beach 8)
Oh,I NEED some sunshine,I would like to be in Dubrovnik right now :cry:

timecop April 3rd, 2009 03:58 PM

I was there 2 years ago and totally agree with you.

kandajones April 3rd, 2009 05:03 PM

We are on our way back there later this month and are really looking forward to re-visiting that beautiful gem of a city.

When you were there, were all the shell & small fire bullet holes still visible in the buildings, or have they been covered up now?

Alan

flyingcarpet April 3rd, 2009 05:09 PM

The most of them were covered but some are stll visible. :-?

flyingcarpet May 7th, 2009 01:50 AM

Dubrovnik is so romantic and beautiful medieval walled town and very clean.Food is fantastic.

AF1 May 7th, 2009 11:20 AM

The monestary inside the city still has holes in the wall from shelling. They also have a couple of the shells they pulled out of the wall, the shells are on display in the monestary.

flyingcarpet May 24th, 2009 10:39 AM

I guess you are talking about the Franciscan monestery in the Old town of Dubrovnik ?

AF1 May 25th, 2009 07:54 AM

Yes, that is correct, we visited in May of 07

flyingcarpet October 4th, 2009 11:06 AM

They have GREAT gelato !!! I didn`t mention that fact.

desi4eva October 20th, 2009 03:57 PM

I didnt know Crotia was visited by so many people lol will have to put this on my wish list :shock:

flyingcarpet January 26th, 2010 08:05 AM

Croatia and Dubrovnik 8)

lollipopy June 12th, 2010 01:20 PM

wow,beautiful medieval town with great fresh seafood.Yes,beautiful country

flyingcarpet March 9th, 2011 11:07 AM

Yes,it is. ;)

anniegb March 9th, 2011 02:40 PM

I am renting an apartment there for 1 week during their music festival in August - can't wait.

When the cruise ships are in port, I'll head off to the outlying islands to escape the crowds.

Annie

Trip March 16th, 2011 09:35 PM

I will be there soon,and I am doing the Jewish Heritag, and, old town tour.
Anybody know about it?

anniegb March 17th, 2011 05:22 AM

Hi Trip

I have done the Old Town tour; we started with walking the walls - flat shoes compulsory! then went to the older buildings. Old town compact - I like it.

Jewish Heritage tour - I know nothing about it.

Annie

Trip March 17th, 2011 09:42 AM

Annie thanks, the wall is something I would pass on..I just watched a show about the city,and they show that restaurant that hangs over the cliff..just gorgeous..this city is indeed a hidden jewel.

anniegb March 17th, 2011 12:01 PM

Trip, if you can manage the wall - do it - the views are fab-u-lous!

Annie

Trip March 17th, 2011 12:05 PM

Annie,seeing ion tv,it is amazing....unfortunately, I don't have the stamina, or, endurance to do it.

zydecocruiser March 17th, 2011 09:31 PM

Some Great Pictures of Dubrovnik and Old Town: Churches in Dubrovnik, Croatia* -* Travel Photos by Galen R Frysinger, Sheboygan, Wisconsin

Kuki March 18th, 2011 02:14 AM

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums - Kuki's Album: Nieuw Amsterdam 2

This album has pictures taken during my visit to Dubrovnik last summer

lollipopy March 6th, 2012 01:02 PM

Beautiful photos.

Golden1 March 6th, 2012 04:20 PM

What are the main languages in Croatia and Dubrovnik?

anniegb March 6th, 2012 05:06 PM

Croatian.

English is widely spoken and understood as is French,Italian and German.

Annir