Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default Barcelona Hotel Or Apartment For a Family of 4

Hey all,

We are flying into Barcelona, Spain one day early and will stay a couple of days after our NCL cruise May 24. 2009. I am having problems figuring out where we should stay. I have heard some tell me do a hotel and others say do a an apartment since there are 4 of us. There will be 2 adults and 2 children? Under $200 would be great.

Anybody have a recommendation for a hotel or apartment there? We like have free breakfast and high speed internet but not a have 2. Anyone know of any good discounts? Where should we stay in Barcelona that the kids would like.

Thanks
Stefen
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Hi Stefen, for hotels/apartments as a starter it may be worth trying 1800hotels.com (based in FL) I've used them a couple of times for London & they have always had a good selection at very good prices. I see for Barca, they are currently offering famioly rooms in the 3* Holiday Inn Express at $111 per night including breakfast, with wifi in public areas. It's not exactly central, but the Metro service is great in Barca, and the hotel is probably basic but must be worth a look.

http://www.1800hotels.com/search/hot...ldAge:1=9#info

However, the main reason for the reply was to stress that, particularly in the evenings, you should take care on Las Ramblas. There is so much going on and so many people, that pick pockets have a field day there. I may be over cautious, but better safe than sorry, especially if you were to lose holiday memories in video/cameras or your credit cards etc. Also for your 2, 9 year olds it could be particularly upsetting.

All the best,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Passenger

Hi,
I recomend you Citadines Apartahotel for you and your family. It is not very expensive, me and my family stay once there, and my daugther stay there last year (october) with some friends and no problem.

This is the link, look for Barcelona.
http://www.citadines.com/

The only thing is that this Aparthotel is in the Ramblas and you have to take care of your properties as kandajones says.

But don't worry and have a godd time in Barcelona.