Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Beginner

Default Things to do on 12 night Med. cruise on Brilliance of the Se

My family and I are going on a 12 day Med. cruise in July and will be going to the following ports of call. I am looking for as many ideas of things to do while in those ports in the time frames we are there. We are not big on using Royal Caribbean for excursions because it seems in the past we have been able to find better ones on our own, but if some of you know that there is a good one through RC please let me know that when listing the ideas for each port. If you have ideas of things to do and know the company name please give me those also. Thanks for all of your help.
Ports of Call:
Cannes (Monte Carlo), France 10am-8pm
Livorno (Pisa/Florence), Italy 7am-7pm
Rome, Italy 7am-7pm
Naples, Capri, Italy 7am-7pm
Venice, Italy 130pm on first day -3pm the second day (so in port little over 24 hrs)
Dubrovnik, Croatia 10am-6pm
Corfu, Greece 7am-7pm

The other 3 days of the trip we will be at sea. Thanks for all of your help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Lets take the stops that I have been to and give you some advice.
Rome- take shore excursion or private tour and see the Vatican and the Colisium. These are musts
Florence/Pisa- again shore excursion or private tour to downtown Florence, they have the academia of art, this is where the orginal statue of David is, and there are a lot of other paintings and stuff. Downtown Florence has great shopping. Pisa has the leaning tower and thats about it
Dubrovnik-the walled city. RCI should have buses by the dock to take you to and from the walled city. Check with shore excursion desk for the bus times. The walled city is a gem and must see
CorFu-I took Achillean Palace and Greek Monestary tour. Palace was ok, monestary was cool. RCI has buses to take you downtown Corfu and back. Again check with shore excursion desk. I have been to Nice and not Caanes. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds