CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Hello Ephesus - any info? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/364730-hello-ephesus-any-info.html)

Kathy & George May 24th, 2009 10:27 AM

Hello Ephesus - any info?

I'm new here,
We are taking a 1st time cruise to the Mediteranian and are interested in any info anyone has for "Hello Ephesus" tour guide company. I have not been able to get much info regarding them. We have cruised many times, but not to the Med. Thanks, kathy

Debbeck June 20th, 2009 08:14 PM

My family is scheduled with this tour company on our trip in early August. We are on a cruise and there are several other groups on our cruise that are using this company as well. We received very prompt and professional response from them so far. I will post when I return to let everyone know about the experience.

armando September 27th, 2009 12:58 PM

they are perfect in their job. i read some reviews about them on cruisecritic and all of them was positive.

Debbeck October 2nd, 2009 09:10 AM

We used "Hello Ephesus" on our August visit to Kusadasi and Ephesus while on a cruise. A very professional and knowledgable guide met us at the port and took us to a nice, air conditioned large van with a private driver. Our group was shown all the sights of the area and we were allowed to customize the tour to make other stops as well. The tour included a very nice lunch and all entrance fees into the historic sites. Our guide spoke English and took very good care of us throughout the day. The tour was an all day experience and the fee was very reasonable. I would definitely use this tour company again.

flygal October 15th, 2009 08:21 PM

Hello Ephesus tour on Oct 27'09 from Celebrity Equinox

If by chance you are going to Ephesus on Celebrity Equinox on Oct 27'09 and would like to tour with us using Hello Ephesus company, please e-mail me at dkaufnelson@hotmail.com they seem to have very positive reviews on cruisecritic. we are trying to form a small tour group.

Landlubber October 16th, 2009 11:56 PM

We were in Kusadasi on Sept.29. We had pre-booked with Hello Ephesus and were met on the dock by "Bill" with our name on a card.There were two lovely ladies from Chicago there who also booked the tour so that made 4 of us in a large ,comfortable van besides Bill and the driver. Bill spoke excellent English and really knew his stuff.The tour included entry to Ephesus proper as well as the Houses on the hill.We were then driven to what little remained of the Temple of Artemis and then on to a carpet weaving facility where we had a great lunch. We were given a very informative tour of the factory with refreshments. There is virtually no pressure to buy here although one of the Chicago ladies did make a purchase.
I can't recommend this tour company highly enough.A very professional,competent company and Bill was first rate.

CONVERT94 October 25th, 2009 04:47 PM

Be sure to go

Whatever agency you use, make sure they do the side trip up the hill to Sirince Village. It's atop a winding, olive orchard road to a little steep village, very authentic, not too touristy, great outdoor restaurants with awesome views and oooooozing charm and ambience.

Wakeboard January 22nd, 2010 09:18 PM

So...from what I have read it seems "Hello Ephesus" is a trustworthy tour to book with. I read in this thread that they tour a rug factory. I have read in other threads to avoid the tours with the high pressure rug salespeople. They say the rug sales location is right by the cruise ship so you can duck out and walk back. So what is the deal? Is the rug factory the same as the high pressure rug sales? Some people say it resembles a timeshare sales pitch. I really don't want to spend part of my day sitting though that...anyone have any further comments to straighten me out?