CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Barcelona hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/370174-barcelona-hotels.html)

Sulross December 20th, 2009 08:26 PM

Barcelona hotels

Do any of you know of any hotels that pick up at airport and/or take to cruise terminal the next day. Just checking all options. Also, what are the better hotel options. Thanks

Mike M December 20th, 2009 08:44 PM

I can't tell which hotels have free shuttles but I used Priceline for our cruise last February.

I was able to get the Eurostar Marina, that is right on the port at the end of Las Ramblas, for $100. That is a great price for a 5* hotel.

The cab ride to the pier was less than $10.

I suggest using Priceline and bid $75 - $100 for a 5* in the Las Ramblas area. If that doesn't get accepted then add 4* and resubmit your bid. I don't suggest going to a lower star level than 4*.

Even with a cab ride to the port you won't pay more than $15 that will offset the price you will otherwise pay.

Take care,
Mike

Snoozeman December 20th, 2009 11:23 PM

We really liked our hotel, The Gran Havana. The best pillows ever. Good location. The taxi fares were 20 from airport and 15 to port.

So how was the Marina Mike?

Mike M December 21st, 2009 12:03 AM

The Marina was a great hotel. We initially had a harbor view room but we had to be moved to an inside room because there were hurricane force winds that hit Barcelona the day we arrived. They moved us for safety because of the strength of the wind.

Regardless the room was a large, great amenities and an easy walk to Las Ramblas and the Tourista bus stopped right at the hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

Take care,
Mike

Parrot Mom December 21st, 2009 01:35 PM

The Continental

Sorry folks, but for the third or fourth time we have used The Continental on the top of La Rambla, around the corner from the Gaudi Church and two blocks from the Market.. Clued in about this funky hotel several years ago and have passed it on and been thanked ever since.. As for a driver.. please write me we have a driver who picks us up at the airport, takes us to the hotel,takes us on a guided tour if we want and then gets us back to the cruise ship.. As a matter of fact moments ago Parrot Pop just finished putting up our Barcelona pictures..parrotmom@verizon.net

49erfan February 6th, 2010 11:04 AM

I am also going on the 10/31/10 cruise out of Barcelona; booked the Jazz; contact the hotel directly, got a good price and people say that this hotel is good, Stayed at Hotel Colon last year

gemini April 17th, 2010 10:54 AM

I loved the hotel Center:
Hotel Barcelona Center, Barcelona, Spain. Rooms from €85.60