CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Ephesus shuttle (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/372758-ephesus-shuttle.html)

jas111 March 23rd, 2010 05:40 PM

Ephesus shuttle

will 2,5 hours be enough in ephesus ? or should I need more time. ephesus shuttle gives 2,5 hours in ephesus. it seems to be the best way to see ephesus on our own for 23 $ pp.

lulu48 March 23rd, 2010 08:45 PM

Is the shuttle from the cruise ship or from the port area?

You could see a lot of it in that time & if it is hot it may be enough time to spend in the hot sun

Rev22:17 March 23rd, 2010 10:57 PM

jas111,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1281852)
will 2,5 hours be enough in ephesus ? or should I need more time. ephesus shuttle gives 2,5 hours in ephesus. it seems to be the best way to see ephesus on our own for 23 $ pp.

Actually, the best way to see Ephesus is to take one of the ship's excursions. Don't forget that the price of the excursion includes your transportation, your admissions, and the services of an English-speaking guide. In my experience, the guides are generally quite knowledgeable.

Norm.

jas111 March 24th, 2010 06:10 PM

thanks for info. we wanna visit on our own to spend more time then ship excursions. they will meet us at the port with ephesus shuttle sign. there will be guides in coaches.

lulu48 March 24th, 2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas111 (Post 1282066)
thanks for info. we wanna visit on our own to spend more time then ship excursions. they will meet us at the port with ephesus shuttle sign. there will be guides in coaches.

Do you have a link for the shuttle service?
We are going in 2011 but have been there before so we should be able to DIY

Thanks

jas111 March 24th, 2010 07:10 PM

it is ephesusshuttle.com , ask for fevzi to help you

lulu48 March 25th, 2010 12:11 AM

Thanks for the link
Can you report back if you use them & what your experience was with them?

Thanks again

Trackypup March 25th, 2010 07:39 PM

If you go on your own remember you need turkish currency for the Terrace Houses, they don't take Euros.

oscarephesus May 13th, 2010 10:53 AM

as everyone knows there are many options to rich ephesus from kusadasi horbor.But point is there are 4 or 5 places Absolutely need to see and whic is best and cheapest (thats important who wanna pay more :) To be honest best way is private ephesus tour whic is with vip car 2009 model proffesionel turist guide (must be local more knowledgeable) and lunch (If you go to a random restorant may be you pay more than your tour :). These important but much important is program is it full or half day with terrace house or not bla bla . The last week I was there fot the tour , all I have searched the best I know I will not extend if you want contact me i can share his contact detail with you .
best regard

oscarephesus@gmail.com

maliah.michel.376 February 13th, 2014 01:20 PM

Private tour cheaper than the tour offered by the cruise ship

Ephesus was our favorite port of call. Our guide was extremely courteous, knowledgeable about everything from antiquities, to agriculture, and even funny the tour is much less expensive than the ship offerings and far superior in terms of attention. We had an excellent Ephesus tours with Private DMC tour company this is the web site ephesustoursguide.com I would definitely recommend...

maliah.michel.376 February 13th, 2014 01:22 PM

Touring the Terrace Houses was the the highlight of our visit to Ephesus. It was easy to imagine what life must have been like so many years ago for these wealthy Ephesians. And you can catch glimpses of what they really looked like! It was also interesting watching some of the restoration/ excavation that is ongoing.