Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Beginner

Default Barcelona Private Tour

Hi Im looking into booking a private tour of Barcelona for me and my family. Any suggestions out there? Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Bob,

I wish I could give you a specific tour but I haven't done a private tour in Barcelona. We have done it on our own and it's quite easy. The Tourist Buses run throughout the city. They are HOHO (Hop On Hop Off) buses and have three main routes: North (Blue), South (Red) and East (Green). They go to all of the major sites.

You can also take a nice walk down Las Ramblas. This will take a whole afternoon, or more, to see.

The buses run every 5-25 minutes and the stops are marked and schedules are available anywhere you purchase the ticket. This can be at an office or directly from the bus. The current ticket price is 22 Euros pp/pd but it gives you unlimited access to all three lines and you can get off as much as you want. There is also narration in English and other languages of the sites.

Take care and enjoy Barcelona. It's one of my favorite cities.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I did the Barcellona Bike tour and it was great!!
http://www.barcelonaciclotour.com/eng/
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to sergej

Yes, I think too, the bus tours is the best way to see the city.

To get it I need to wait 40 minutes - that tour is extreem
popular .

I don't like Barselona at all - as for me it is
a huge town without face - but bus tour can be very helpfull
to see some interesting places there.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Admiral

We just wandered about ourselves....BUT do watch out for thieves!!
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Cool Barcelona

Barcelona is a magnificent city architecturally... and we took a private tour and saw more in one day than most people see in a week the first time. The Hop on Hop Off bus is great if your a smoker..We never tire of walking La Rambla, going to the market and finding little streets leading to great areas.. .If y ou send me a PM I will send you the name of our guide/driver that we use all the time..okay, it's been four times.
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Passenger

Yes, we would appreciate the name of the private tour company you used in Barcelona. We are thinking of going on a cruise but have two days before getting on the ship. What time of the year did you visit? Do you know what the weather is in Jan. or Feb? Thanks!!!
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Default Tour of Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by readi2go View Post
Yes, we would appreciate the name of the private tour company you used in Barcelona. We are thinking of going on a cruise but have two days before getting on the ship. What time of the year did you visit? Do you know what the weather is in Jan. or Feb? Thanks!!!

We have used four times for touring, pick up and drop off.. Aurielo
Aurielo <barcelonataxi@barcelonataxivan.com>Many people object to the bus because of the heavy smoking of many passengers.. With Aurielo or his friend Michael you see more of Barcelona in one day than most people see in a wek.. We have visited usually the end of November or near Xmas...and it's a bit cool.. parrotmom@verizon.net for more info