Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Passenger

Default Palma, Castle de Bellver

The last stop on our cruise is Palma Majorca. We want to see the castle and some caves. Does anyone know the best way to do this. I know there's a hop on hop off bus that goes by the castle but not sure about the caves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Maggie

Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Hi there Maggieiam, when you say some caves, are you thinking of the Caves of Drach, if so they are about 40 miles away from the port of Palma & the journey would take over an hour each way - a bit of a risk.

They are certainly worth seeing, even if you are whisked around them at quite a rate, and the music recital down by the lake is wonderful - make sure you take one of the boat rides to the exit, they are just so peaceful.

If you are thinking of other caves, then let me know & I'll see if I can offer any advice.

Happy sailing,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Your right the caves of Drach are to far away I was thinking if there were any close to the castle

Old August 7th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning, yes, there are some small caves near the castle, but as we've not been there cannot offer any opinion. I thought they were called Genoa, however a quick on-line search found them to be Genova. I looked at the onlione photos and found that most of them aren't of the Genova Caves at all, but are of Drach, so please don't make that mistake.

I did however find a good YouTube entry YouTube - ‪The Caves of Genova‬‎

The tour groups for these caves are quite small, so it may be worth getting info from their website & contacting them to save a wasted journey.

Hope this helps,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your help I did see tours for those caves. I think right now we are just going to enjoy what Palma has to offer and with all the sightseeing we want to do I'm sure we will see some caves and the castle