Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Naples and Sicily...Need Private Guide Reco's

My friends and I will be stopping at Sicily and Naples on our cruise of the Mediterranean. We're going the private guide route - easier to set our own itineraries and pretty much the same cost (or less) than cruise ship excursions.

We're pretty much set for all our other ports but we're still looking for recommendations for Naples and Sicily guides.

In Naples, the vote among the 5 of us was to visit Pompeii and travel the coast (vs also going to Capri - too much to do in 1 day).

In Sicily...we're open to ideas.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

have successfully used and recommended Benvenuti limos; info@benvenutilimos.com
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We have booked with RomeinLimo for a private excursion while our family is in Naples. We are doing a tour to Pompeii and then to Sorrento. They have a number of tour options available on their website and in our case let me combine parts of different tours to get the day we wanted.

Lisa
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

In Sicily,check out going to Taormina. A gorgeous seaside town.There is also a Greek theater there to explore. Nice shopping and cafes...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

I can't believe it's been over a year since we went! Feels like yesterday.
We ended up booking with sorrentotopcar (sorrentotopcar.com) and had a great day.
We went to Sorrento, Positano and Naples and to Pompeii. Giuseppe (the owner/driver) booked a private guide for Pompeii which was much better than a large group.

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Captain

For Naples I would recommend All Around Italy and an itinerary to include Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii.

For Sicily I would definately go to Taormina. I have used Sicily Limosine service and would highly recommend them. Tiffany is the office manager I dealt with to book our tour and she absolutely one of the best in handling details and getting back to you promptly. Claudia was our driver and he was a gem.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old December 5th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Familiar Face

We chose to visit Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast from Naples & as previously mentioned Taormina is a must see in Sicily

For Naples we used Salvatore Lucibello of www.DriveAmalfi.com & for Sicily we used Sebastiano Alibrandi of www.SicilyLife.com
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1230 View Post
We have booked with RomeinLimo for a private excursion while our family is in Naples. We are doing a tour to Pompeii and then to Sorrento. They have a number of tour options available on their website and in our case let me combine parts of different tours to get the day we wanted.

Lisa
I would highly recommend RomeInLimo, please give us your feedback, we would LOVE to hear back from you