CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Naples and Sicily...Need Private Guide Reco's (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/382167-naples-sicily-need-private-guide-recos.html)

longbeachlarry April 26th, 2011 10:18 PM

Naples and Sicily...Need Private Guide Reco's

My friends and I will be stopping at Sicily and Naples on our cruise of the Mediterranean. We're going the private guide route - easier to set our own itineraries and pretty much the same cost (or less) than cruise ship excursions.

We're pretty much set for all our other ports but we're still looking for recommendations for Naples and Sicily guides.

In Naples, the vote among the 5 of us was to visit Pompeii and travel the coast (vs also going to Capri - too much to do in 1 day).

In Sicily...we're open to ideas.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

hahaejjms May 27th, 2011 07:17 AM

have successfully used and recommended Benvenuti limos; info@benvenutilimos.com

Lisa1230 May 27th, 2011 05:28 PM

We have booked with RomeinLimo for a private excursion while our family is in Naples. We are doing a tour to Pompeii and then to Sorrento. They have a number of tour options available on their website and in our case let me combine parts of different tours to get the day we wanted.

Lisa

Trip May 27th, 2011 05:31 PM

In Sicily,check out going to Taormina. A gorgeous seaside town.There is also a Greek theater there to explore. Nice shopping and cafes...

longbeachlarry October 26th, 2012 05:08 PM

I can't believe it's been over a year since we went! Feels like yesterday.
We ended up booking with sorrentotopcar (sorrentotopcar.com) and had a great day.
We went to Sorrento, Positano and Naples and to Pompeii. Giuseppe (the owner/driver) booked a private guide for Pompeii which was much better than a large group.

Nothin but blue skies November 7th, 2012 08:44 PM

For Naples I would recommend All Around Italy and an itinerary to include Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii.

For Sicily I would definately go to Taormina. I have used Sicily Limosine service and would highly recommend them. Tiffany is the office manager I dealt with to book our tour and she absolutely one of the best in handling details and getting back to you promptly. Claudia was our driver and he was a gem.

suekingbhs December 5th, 2012 05:46 AM

We chose to visit Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast from Naples & as previously mentioned Taormina is a must see in Sicily

For Naples we used Salvatore Lucibello of www.DriveAmalfi.com & for Sicily we used Sebastiano Alibrandi of www.SicilyLife.com

carlitos January 10th, 2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa1230 (Post 1373294)
We have booked with RomeinLimo for a private excursion while our family is in Naples. We are doing a tour to Pompeii and then to Sorrento. They have a number of tour options available on their website and in our case let me combine parts of different tours to get the day we wanted.

Lisa

I would highly recommend RomeInLimo, please give us your feedback, we would LOVE to hear back from you