CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Where do you want to go? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/383981-where-do-you-want-go.html)

KayAnnie July 29th, 2011 05:51 PM

Where do you want to go?

So, which European port (or city easily reachable by port) do you most want to visit that you haven't had the chance to yet?
I am fighting with myself over LeHavre for Paris and Bruges. I think I would prefer Bruges from a cruising perspective because there is no way I could see everything I'd like in Paris.

Marc July 29th, 2011 07:41 PM

One European port I have not been to but would like to visit would be Gibraltar. Ok, one more, Bordeaux for an overnight port visit.

lulu48 July 29th, 2011 07:57 PM

Venice is on my list
There are so many I want to see & some I want to see again

Lakers Fan July 29th, 2011 09:43 PM

My desire

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayAnnie (Post 1384034)
So, which European port (or city easily reachable by port) do you most want to visit that you haven't had the chance to yet?
I am fighting with myself over LeHavre for Paris and Bruges. I think I would prefer Bruges from a cruising perspective because there is no way I could see everything I'd like in Paris.

Is Transylvania

Trip July 29th, 2011 09:56 PM

I have been an armchair traveler for many years,and my fave travel/food show is Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. This man does not sugar coat a thing,and I love that.

Since I missed stepping foot in France,and watching his show about Brittany..I would love to visit that region.

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallp...V-1280x800.jpg

KayAnnie July 30th, 2011 12:00 AM

I can't wait to see Mont St. Michel in person!!!

Mike M July 30th, 2011 08:44 AM

Istanbul:

I haven't had the opportunity and my next three cruises don't include it. But we will be spending a month, after the Cruisemates Carnival Breeze cruise, in Europe. Perhaps we can do a side trip to Istanbul.

Take care,
Mike

lulu48 July 30th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayAnnie (Post 1384093)
I can't wait to see Mont St. Michel in person!!!

Go in the morning before all the crowds arrive ;)

Marc July 30th, 2011 10:53 AM

Mont St Michel is actually in Normandy, not Brittany. I wonder why that picture "source" shows as Brittany. Just a bit west of Mont St Michel in Brittany is St Malo, also a wonderful place to visit. Jacques Cartier is buried within St Malo Cathedral. The entire Commune of Normandy is fantastic to see. In addition to Mont St Michel and the WWII history, you also have some wonderful towns, excellent copper work for purchase, and Calvados.

MercedMike July 30th, 2011 12:07 PM

Mont St Michel

Mont St Michel is marvelous. We chose to go there from Cherbourg rather than into Paris. It is a three hour trip to Paris, and three hours back, so you have little time there.

Check out our trip report and pictures at Royal Princess British Isles Ports

The places in Europe that we would like to get to are Gibraltar and Lisbon. We are booked next year for Norway and Amsterdam.

KayAnnie July 30th, 2011 11:04 PM

About to burn a couple hourse on your trip report site, Mike. ;) I really want to cruise northern Europe next year!

lulu48 July 30th, 2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1384140)
Mont St Michel is actually in Normandy, not Brittany. I wonder why that picture "source" shows as Brittany.

It is actually on the border of the two regions

Catherinelady September 22nd, 2011 09:10 AM

where do I want to go

I am looking at a cruise out of Copenhagen, Denmark to the Norwegian Fjords for next summer. I plan on booking in two weeks.