Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > European & Mediterranean Destinations
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Year of the Mediterranean 2012

Year of the Mediterranean - 2012

We have been saying it for years, but it just keeps getting better and better. This is the year to take a Mediterranean cruise.

Stromboli volcano in the Mediterranean Sea is just one of the wonders in this part of the world
If you are a regular cruiser but haven't noticed the prices of Mediterranean cruises you don't know what you are missing. You can pick almost any cruise line you want and find extraordinary deals this year. Of course, we all know what you are just about to ask. "What about the airfare?"

Consider this - October is one of the nicer months to visit the Mediterranean because the weather has cooled and the tourist trade has thinned out; making much easier for you to get the best seats on tours and beds in hotels. But even better, as I peruse Priceline right now for roundtrip air tickets from JFK to Barcelona, I am seeing roundtrip tickets as low as $756 per person.

The average temperature in northern Italy in October is 72 degrees (far, 22 C.) - indicating the even more southerly destinations, such as the Greek Isles and Egypt we mention below, will be very comfortable, even in October. Granted, it is more likely to rain in the autumn than during the summer, but, the cooler weather, lower prices and less crowding more than makes up for a little liquid sunshine.

What kinds of cruise prices are we seeing? Does "extraordinary" sound good?

Read more: Year of the Med 2012

Sponsored Links