CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   European & Mediterranean Destinations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/)
-   -   Nice - Monaco Transportation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/european-mediterranean-destinations/390972-nice-monaco-transportation.html)

Marc July 28th, 2012 07:39 PM

Nice - Monaco Transportation

Flying into Nice; staying in Monaco; what is most cost effective transportation?

thanks,

rayb July 28th, 2012 08:43 PM

Train IMO is the best

Marc July 28th, 2012 10:40 PM

Oops, I meant to say Nice airport; not the city of Nice. Also, four suitcases; but if there is a train from airport we could take it.

arvelhill August 2nd, 2012 05:10 AM

Hello..
Transportation service has to be best in vacations. The information you added in your share is very helpful for all the passengers or travelers. I will look forward to it. Thanks..

kandajones August 2nd, 2012 08:14 AM

Hi Marc, the most cost effective, though with 4 cases it could be 'interesting' is the number 110 bus from the airport into Monaco. However if you look at the attached link you will note there are some 12 or so stops, so you will need to know in advance which stop would be best for you.
http://www.rca.tm.fr/ftp/FR_plan/lig...2Fligne110.pdf

Also the bus is unlikely to stop unless the driver is aware that someone wants to get off, so check for push button ringers, and watch the bus stop names.

There is also a train not far from the airport, but I couldn't find it's correct name, it is not just Nice.

Good luck.

Alan.

anniegb August 2nd, 2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1440475)
Flying into Nice; staying in Monaco; what is most cost effective transportation?

thanks,

Hi Marc

What time does your flight arrive in Nice??

Annie

Marc August 5th, 2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegb (Post 1440951)
Hi Marc

What time does your flight arrive in Nice??

Annie

Around 1900. I am still trying to switch to an earlier flight that gets in by 1600.

We will have four suitcases so I am concerned about bus; still I will check route against hotel; we are staying at Le Meridien.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

anniegb August 5th, 2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1441200)
Around 1900. I am still trying to switch to an earlier flight that gets in by 1600.

We will have four suitcases so I am concerned about bus; still I will check route against hotel; we are staying at Le Meridien.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Nice St. Augustine is the nearest rail station to the airport.

I think there are free shuttle buses from the airport terminals to Nice (main) station.

Annie

Trackypup August 18th, 2012 03:56 PM

There's a dedicated airport bus. It was around 15 euro I think PP and they load all your luggage underneath. One of the stops was definitely Le Meridian, we stayed there for 5 nights in 2008. Inflation, price now seems to be 20€ pp

Marc August 18th, 2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1442586)
There's a dedicated airport bus. It was around 15 euro I think PP and they load all your luggage underneath. One of the stops was definitely Le Meridian, we stayed there for 5 nights in 2008. Inflation, price now seems to be 20 pp

Le Meridien Monaco? Not Le Meridien Nice?

Thanks!!!! I need to check that out. I am going to need to practice my French. :)

Trackypup August 19th, 2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1442603)
Le Meridien Monaco? Not Le Meridien Nice?

Thanks!!!! I need to check that out. I am going to need to practice my French. :)

Yeah, we stayed at Le Meridian Monaco. Loved it, weird elevators though. Look out for the cow hides.

Marc November 28th, 2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackypup (Post 1442586)
There's a dedicated airport bus. It was around 15 euro I think PP and they load all your luggage underneath. One of the stops was definitely Le Meridian, we stayed there for 5 nights in 2008. Inflation, price now seems to be 20 pp

Trackypup; thanks for the great advice. Bus was 20 euro per person and got us to Le Meridien in a little over 30 minutes. Arriving at Nice was so easy; in hotel within an hour of landing.

Again, thanks!

Marc

Trackypup November 28th, 2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1456706)
Trackypup; thanks for the great advice. Bus was 20 euro per person and got us to Le Meridien in a little over 30 minutes. Arriving at Nice was so easy; in hotel within an hour of landing.

Again, thanks!

Marc

You're very welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

suekingbhs December 5th, 2012 06:00 AM

It ma be a splurge but arriving in MC by Heli would be a great way to arrive Heli Air Monaco