Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2000, 11:45 PM
Celeste

Default First thing to do with kids

We never cruised with the kids before so I am feeling like a first timer again.

After you are on board and change, should you go check out Children's Area first or take the kids around the ship and wait till orientation in the evening?

Also, how can you make sure that a booster seat is available for a short child in the dining room along with a child and toddler size life vest in your cabin?

Any other suggestions for traveling with a 9 and 4 year old?
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2000, 09:52 PM
Admiral

Default RE: First thing to do with kids

Celeste,

My very first action would be to make sure that the children understand that they are not to climb on, over, or between any railings anywhere on the ship under any circumstances whatsoever. The risk of a child falling either overboard or onto a hard surface two or three decks down is one that I'm sure you don't want to take.

After that, a lot will depend upon the time when you go aboard. If it's time for lunch, by all means eat on board. If time allows, you can go for a swim or do some sightseeing in the port. I also like to find my way around the public spaces so that I have some idea where to go when the activities start. If you have some idea where you and your husband will hang out during the day, it's also a good idea to familiarize your children with those locations so they will know where to find you if there's a need. Additionally, you undoubtedly will want to unpack. By then, it probably will be time to get ready for dinner....

Anyway, do have a great cruise!

Norm.