Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 20 yr. old college student traveling with parents

May husband, myself and our 20 yr. old daughter are planning a Christmas cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. I don't believe our daughter fits descriptions of either teen or single, but she would like to meet others her age especially in the evenings to mingle and dance Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 20 yr. old college student traveling with pare

Hi Mary,
First off, post on the "meet on board" here at cruisemates, she could meet other cruisers before the cruise:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/persin.cfm>

At that time of year, there should be plenty other college students also cruising, you'll have a fantastic time.

Donnassei
Old February 16th, 2001, 08:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm sure she will be able to find age-appropriate people to hang around with. There are bound to be college student onboard for the Christmas break. I would say that she should just be sure to venture into the disco area of the ship, as that is where most of the younger crowd hangs out. She may also meet folks of her own age around the pool, in the workout areas. If there is a karyoke bar aboard then that is a popular hangout for the college-aged as well. My daughters have never had a problem finding someone to "hang with".

Tina
Old February 16th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Admiral

College age singles should have a wonderful time on your holiday cruise. Encourage her to go to the singles group meetings, go to the gym, and meet members of the staff. They will see that she has a great time. It's important for her to have her own key card and independence too while traveling with you. Have a wonderful cruise.
Bon Voyage