Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Jim S.

Default Kids on RCCL

We'll be on the Granduer out of San Juan on 3/31. We've been on the ship before, but this is a first-time cruise with our kids. They're a boy, 14, and a girl, 9. Can anyone tell us about programming and the like. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Kids on RCCL

Hi Jim,
Found a recent members review that may help answer some questions on Grandeur, sorry not much on the kids program, but I understand the kids love it.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/grandeur3.html>

Donnassei
Old March 15th, 2001, 10:28 AM
Luisa

I am the new family cruise editor and recently wrote a new article on Cruise Mates.com family site titled: Best Kids' Program: Ask a Kid! In the second part of the article, there is a paragraph on Royal Caribbean's youth program on board the Monarch of the Seas. My daughter was just under four years old when we crusied -- she (we) loved parts of the program but the youth counselors were a bit indifferent. However, that may vary from ship to ship.Since you have older children, your teen will love the fact that Royal Caribbean ships all have teen rooms/discos -- nice hang out spot for the older ones. Royal Caribbean also offers Adventure Science which is a fun, hands-on learning activity. There was also a cute talent show put on by the kids at the end of the cruise. All in all, it certainly is a good program -- perhaps not the best of our 10 cruises, but definitely a line I still recommend to families.
Hope this helps,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old March 15th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

We took the RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas on February 11th on the Mexican Riviera. My kids are three and five and we were overwhelmed by how great the kids club was. The counselors were fantastic and my kids never wanted to leave the club to be with us. They also had great family activities - one day each family got a bag of supplies and had to make a boat to race with the other families in the pool. For the little kids they had crafts, stories, races, games, movies, science projects (excellent program). They emphasize it is NOT daycare but activities for the kids. We shared a table with a family with older kids (about 10 and 13) and they were not as happy with the club because the counselors for that age seemed to be not as energetic. But the 10year old had a great time. They projects, games and even scavenger hunts. All the kids can have dinner with the staff and other kids at least three nights. The facility was excellent with a cave for movies, a craft and game area and an open play area. They gave us a beeper so they could find us if needed so we felt comfortable that the kids were safe. I don't think any kid could get bored on an RCCL ship.