Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Default RCCL Childrens Program

Hello,

My family is sailing on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas on September 30th. Can anyone give us any information on their childrens program. I have a 5 and a 7 year old. Is the program available in port? Are there any restricted times that the children are not allowed to go to the program? What about formal nights - does the program do anything with the kids on these nights or do they join us in the Dining Room? What is the charge for babysitting after hours? How enjoyable is the program for the kids? Any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2001, 07:33 AM
Luisa

Default Re: RCCL Childrens Program

I'm the new family cruise editor for CruiseMates.com. Here are some additional details regarding Royal Caribbean's youth program:
HOURS: 9 a.m.-12 noon; 2-5 p.m.; 7-10 p.m. Group babysitting is from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. for $5 per child.
FORMAL NIGHTS: Children are welcome to dine with their parents on formal night. However, Royal Caribbean youth staff do take children to a buffet dinner three few nights per seven-day cruise, so those nights may or may not correspond with formal night.
PROGRAM: Royal Caribbean has a full and diverse program which features "Adventure Science" which is hands-on science fun. The program runs year-round however note that there probably won't be too many children the same age as yours since September is back to school time for most. Chances are there will be more younger children who are in pre-school at that time of year. But the counselors will make sure your kids are kept busy.
I hope this helps. Bon Voyage!
Luisa Frey Gaynor