Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sarah Send a message via MSN to Sarah Send a message via Yahoo to Sarah
Default Who offers private babysitting?

We want to go on a cruise with out two-year-old daughter but need to know which cruise lines offer private babysitting. I heard that a lot of cruise lines have group babysitting for older kids but I want someone who will spend one-on-one time with my daughter and get her to bed at night. This is an important issue for us so I hope someone can help!
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Who offers private babysitting?

I am the family cruise editor at CruiseMates.com. While there are less cruise lines offering private babysitting (due to liability reasons) than there used to be, the following cruise lines do feature private babysitting: Celebrity Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean Int'l, Holland America Line, and Norwegian Cruise Line. Make sure you reserve the times you want a babysitter as early in the cruise as possible at the purser's desk. We personally have been satisfied with the babysitters we had aboard Celebrity and Norwegian Cruise Line. (We have not experienced private babysitters aboard Royal Caribbean or Holland America.) My daughter Alexandra is an early riser and we find that the group babysitting aboard most cruise lines starts too late for her. (Most cruise lines offer group babysitting in the youth room but it doesn't begin until 10 p.m.) In fact, on NCL, the babysitter was so sweet that she left Alexandra a present to find when she awoke in the morning! The personal touch made Alexandra feel special!