Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2001, 06:42 PM
drewsmama

Default Celebrity Infinity Fun Factory

My family was on the Celebrity Infinity to Alaska last week. My five yr. old boy had a wonderful time in the Fun Factory. The staff was excellent, the facilities clean and fun and the program awesome! He wanted to go there all the time.
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2001, 07:36 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Celebrity Infinity Fun Factory

I'm the family cruise editor here at CruiseMates.com. I'm glad to hear that cruising was a positive experience for your son. I know it always has been for my seven year old daughter!
Thanks for the feedback.
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old August 21st, 2001, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Michele

Drews mama- I'm taking my two kids on the Infinity 8 and10 , could you tell my what was offered in the dining room for a kids menu please. Also what did you think of the ship from a kid's perspective? Did you ever feel like kids weren't welcomed by the older crowd or was your cruise younger people? I know that I will love the Celebrity experience but I just hope it's not too fancy for my two boys. Any advice? Will they be welcome in the pool or will people complain of kids splashing and making noise. My kids just love a pool.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 12:56 AM
drewsmama

In the dining room, the kids can pick from either the kids menu or the adult menu. They offered burgers, hotdogs, spaghetti. They also had kid-friendly appetizers such as fruit and creamed soups. The waiters go out of their way to chat & interact with the kids. On the 2 formal nights the Fun Factory had a complimentary pizza party which my son opted to attend and thoroughly enjoyed!

On our ship of the nearly 3000 passengers, 280 were kids. There were a lot of multigenerational families traveling together. We didn't have a lot of young singles. Their were quite a few older couples. I thought the ship was really kid-friendly. The Fun Factory staff does a great job of supervising the children. The outdoor pool is great and your kids can splash and make noise all they want. Apparently,from reading the boards, some people weren't too happy about kids being in the T-pool, but I didn't notice this when I was there.

Also, I saw several kids attending the shows and midnight buffets with their parents and were well-accepted. Of course, most of the kids who were with parents were well-behaved. It was the kids who were off on their own that were running around and being inapprop.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 08:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Michele

Thanks for the input. I feel better now!