Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2001, 01:21 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer
Default private babysitting question

We are planning on taking a cruise when my son is 11 months old. We have traveled quite a bit with him (Spain, Bahamas, several trips to the West Coast, etc.) and he does well with babysitters. We are traveling with another couple who do not have children, so we would like to get a babysitter for several evenings and while we go on a shore excursion. It appears that Crystal, Holland America, Norwegien and Celebrity have private babysitting. Do any of those lines guarantee that there will be babysitters available? If not, with which one will we have the best luck booking a babysitter? Which line has the most qualified babysitters?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: private babysitting question

I've done some research into the Celebrity Galaxy ship, as we are also going to be cruising soon with little ones. From what I gather, there is limited private sitting available on a first-come, first-served basis, and can only be arranged on the ship 24 hours in advance.

Please note!..... I also read that they will NOT change diapers, but will page you to come do it. I need to do some more research into this to see if it's really true, but going on an onshore excursion would be impossible in this case. Ugh!