Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Passenger

Default Celebrity kids program

We are going on the Galaxy this winter and am looking for some details on the kids club. We went on RCCL Enchantment in the Spring, and they had an option that would allow you to extend the hours of the kids care if you knew in advance that you needed it. So, for example, if the parents were on shore excursion that ran from 9 a.m. to 1 pm but the kids club was open from 9 to 12, you would tell them when you dropped the kids off that you wouldn't be back till 1:15, and they'd take care of the kids for the extra time for a nominal fee (I think it was $3.00 per child per hour, and they broke it down to the nearest 15 minutes). They even brought the kids to lunch! This was a wonderful option for taking physically intensive excursions that young kids can't handle. Anyone know if Celebrity offers the same program? Most shore excursions extend beyond the kids club hours, so it really is a great option. We're hoping, since they are now owned by the same company. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2001, 10:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Celebrity kids program

I found the answer to my question on the Celebrity website. They do offer a group babysitting option for a fee of $6 per hour per child between noon and 2 pm.
Old November 26th, 2001, 10:27 PM
Eva

Default Re: Celebrity kids program

Hello Maureen - sorry I didnt see this posting sooner. I am not sure if you sailed or not. Although we have never sailed on the Galaxy, we have sailed on the Century twice and Infinity once. We really loved the kids programs on Celebrity. We noticed at for a nominal charge they will watch your kids while at port (at least on the Infinity in Alaska) so you can enjoy shore excursions without the kids. Our kids did it once, and toured the galley, had pizza and had a ball.

You cant go wrong with Celebrity - they really treat kids great!