Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Chris Lunda

Default Family Cruising (3rd and 4th Passengers)

My wife and I have cruised before and would now like to bring our 10 year old twins. As many of you know, trying to surf a site for a 3rd and 4th is a nightmare. Does anyone know a good line or particular ship where their is a kids rate? It seems as though children should not be considered a third and fourth adult.

We are also open to a good TA who might help us in this regard.

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2003, 01:39 PM
LdyDDS2

Default Re: Family Cruising (3rd and 4th Passengers)

I have always cruised with my kids. We always reserve a quad. The price never seemed outrageous to me...actually well worth it since my kids order off the regular menu and take part in kid activities as well as adult activities such as the evening show. Royal Caribbean and Carnival both have good programs the age your kids are. Be sure when reserving a quad that it is a true quad meaning 4 separate beds. Some of the rooms may sleep 4 but not be a true quad. For instance, 2 twins and a double sofa bed. If it is a true quad sometimes 2 twins can be put together and made into a king but usually only if the room has 2 twins, a convertible sofa, and an upper. If the room says 2 twins and 2 uppers they will not convert the 2 twins into a king. I don't know about your family but my kids refuse to share a bed and there is no way I want to sleep on a sofa bed for a week so we will only reserve a true quad.
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Family Cruising (3rd and 4th Passengers)

Hi Chris,
I'd start checking out some CArnival or Royal Caribbean ships and see what quad cabins are available for when you want to go. In the past the price for the 3rd and 4th passengers has been reasonable. You may also want to post in the "bargain finder" here at Cruisemates, then travel agents will e-mail you with what they have, good luck and happy cruising:

http://www.cruisemates.com/CF/bargfind/index.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 21st, 2003, 09:33 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Family Cruising (3rd and 4th Passengers)

I'm the family cruise editor here. I agree that Carnival and Royal Caribbean are probably your best bets for a large choice of quads. My 9 year old daughter loved Royal Caribbean's youth program last year as well as all the outdoor activities on the Adventure of the Seas and her sister ships (rock wall, mini golf, roller blading track, ice rink). She's been on 13 cruises but felt Adventure was tops!
Here's another suggestion: Crystal Cruises' Alaska cruises (depart from San Francisco) offer kids cruise for free this summer. Crystal is a more upscale experience (excellent food) and their ships are more low key. However, they do have a youth program for kids in the summer.
Good luck and let me know what you decide!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Family Cruising (3rd and 4th Passengers)

Princess also offers a "Family Stateroom" on their larger ships, you might want to check that out. A mini-suite is also and option - larger cabin with a larger bathroom and more closet space.