Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2001, 10:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruising with 2 1/2 year old

In researching our Caribbean cruising options with a child less than 3, I've found few outside of Carnival. However, we are older parents and want a more relaxing/elegant cruising experience than Carnival. How strict are the lines about the "3 year old" policy? Does it simply mean, "we won't change diapers" or "you can't participate"? Celebrity seemed to offer a little of everything we wanted, but was so disappointed that since we're not travelling on a holiday or peak season, there was no guarantee of a children's program unless there were at least 12 and even then it would be "restricted" due to the off-season; what specifically is offered when there's less than 12 on board? Thanks for any help and your great website; it's so confusing with all the options and policies changing all the time.
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2001, 01:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cruising with 2 1/2 year old

My wife and I traveled on the Grand Princess with our 2 and 4 year old and I must say the programs are great. They start at age 2 and they offer everthing from Disco parties to color your own tea shirts. On their private Island they have an enclosed play area for the kid which has everything. The counselers man the area so you and you Husband can have fun by yourselves. I have never traveled on Celebrity, but what I have heared from other is that the line is stuff when it comes to children. Many of the older passangers are rather cold when seeing young kids. It is this reason that we have chosen the EOS rather than the Galaxy or the Mille. for our 2002 cruise.