Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Default Med/Europe Cruising with 4 & 6 year olds

We are planning to cruise in July in the Med/Europe area with our 4 & 6 year olds. Both kids are great little travellers but we have never done a cruise before. I am looking for a cruiseline that has kid's club facilities. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Med/Europe Cruising with 4 & 6 year olds

I'm the family cruise editor at CruiseMates.com. You may want to read the article I wrote on the family section of this web site on "Are your kids ready to do Europe?" It may help you discern whether your children will appreciate all that Europe has to offer.
As for cruise lines, Princess Cruises offers a good youth program as well as a number of varying European itineraries. Royal Caribbean also cruises to Europe and has a strong kids' program too.
If you decide to cruise Europe with your kids, you may want to purchase "Cruise Vacations with Kids" guidebook. (Candyce Stapen, Prima publishing) I helped write a section on cruising to Europe with kids and it gives suggestions on shore excursions that are appropriate for kids on European ports of call.
Keep me posted of your decision.
Smooth sailing!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old January 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Med/Europe Cruising with 4 & 6 year olds

Just a few more details for you...
Princess offers the Golden and Royal Princess ships in Europe this year. Golden is newer, bigger and has better youth facilities.
Royal Caribbean offers the Brilliance and Splendor of the Seas in Europe in 2002. Brilliance is the newer, bigger ship with better and expanded youth facilities.
Hope this is helpful!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor