Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL Sun - Belize/Honduras for a 3yr old!

We are thinking of taking our 3yr old Sun on the NCL Sun to Belize and Honduras. Are there safe in port activities for us to do with him at both of these ports?

Only our second cruise and the first was DIsney so we have probably done the best for kids but is the NCL Sun also suitable for a 3yr old boy?

Any help much appreciated

Martin
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Luisa

Default Re: NCL Sun - Belize/Honduras for a 3yr old!

I'm the family cruise editor here at CruiseMates.com. While I haven't cruised to Belize and Honduras, I'm sure there are great beaches there that your child will enjoy. I find that toddlers and pre-schoolers do best at the beach anyway, rather than on a guided tour. Ask the shore excursions personnel to recommend a beach that you can reach by cab and that have bathroom facilities.
I have been on the NCL Sun and it has a nice, large kids' room. NCL's youth program has been lowered this year to include children age 2 and over, so your little one should have plenty of company his age. Note that if your son isn't potty trained yet, that the counselors will give you a beeper and page you if a diaper needs changing. They don't change diapers themselves.
We took our daughter four years ago on NCL when she was four years old and she had a great time. The counselors were very warm and even though the youth facilities were not as nice as those on the NCL Sun, she still had a memorable cruise.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor