Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Please help with diaper/pull-up issue

Want to book on Celebrity Millenium for 10 May cruise to Southern Caribbean but need any help on the following asap.

1) Our 3 yr old is in pull ups and may not be fully potty trained by then. Celebrity customer service are telling me that under no circumstances will a non-fully potty trained child be admitted to the kids program. Is this true as I thought parents could be given pagers to be conatcted when a pull-up needed changing?

2) As Celebrity are owned by Royal Caribbean is the same pull up policy in place on Explorer of the Seas as this was our second choice?

3) If he can get in it is the Celebrity Millenium kids program good for 3 yr olds?

4) Does anybody know if the kids club will be running on that cruise?

Thanks for the help

Martin
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Please help with diaper/pull-up issue

Replying to my own message I am completely fed up. Just found the Celebrity website confirimg the pull-up policy.

How do they expect new 3 yr olds to be fully potty trained (particulalry with strangers!) - well at least I haven't wasted any cash.

Please can somebody reccomend a cruise line who understands 3 yr old toilet issues! and doesn't hide such conditions from you when you try and book as this is driving me round the bend.

Martin
Old February 18th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Therese

Hi

we have a 3 year old and have booked on Carnival Cruises because they claim they are more than happy to help out with this

Our son will be 4 when we travel and only uses pull ups at night time anyway, but it makes us feel more relaxed knowing that Carnival are willing to look after the little ones.

Therese
Old February 18th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Luisa

I'm the family cruise editor here. Unfortunately many lines accept 3 year olds in their programs yet don't accept those not potty trained.
Here are two suggestions:
Carnival will change diapers and accepts kids 2 years +
Norwegian Cruise Line accepts kids 2 years + and gives parents a beeper so they can come change their own kids' diapers if necessary.
Let me know what you choose. They both have very good youth programs.
Smooth Sailing!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old February 19th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Try Carnival and Princess. Carnival is GREAT with young children and changes diapers. Princess will page you if a change is needed. I responded to you on the Gripes board as well so check that out. I can't believe how some people are there, but hey, they're few and far between irl. Good luck and post when you make your decision.

Cindy
Old March 5th, 2002, 11:22 AM
First Mate

Martin,

Try Carnival (especially the ship Carnival Pride)! They are absolutely wonderful!
Old March 6th, 2002, 12:13 PM
kym

Tough issue I know. We have always done Carnival simply because of this issue. Good luck!
Old March 28th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

The best thing here is to potty train. The biggest deterent to potty training IS......................
pull-ups! The kids never feel wet - so why bother? Put your child in training pants and after a couple soakers - you may be surprised. (When they don't have the feeling of what it's like to not go in the toilet, they have nothing to think about.) Then take him/her to some public places, like the movies, and tell him/her that the owner doesn't allow pull-ups or messes. And if there is an accident, don't make a big deal out of it - everyone will understand. You'll be surprised how proud he/she will be after going in a public restroom - we had our son at a fairly nice restaurant when he asked if they had a bathroom. I took him while my hubby ate. As soon as we were out of the hallway for the restrooms, he shouted for the whole restaurant to hear "Dad, I went potty" - oh, the memories.
He was daytime "trained" in 3 days with no diapers/pull-ups. Good luck.