Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2002, 12:15 PM
Bea

Default Quad rooms

I would love for someone to let me know exactly how the quad rooms on the Golden/Grand mini-suites are set up. I am getting conflicting info from Princess and since ther will be my husbad,myself and a teen boy and a teen girl in the room I would really like to know how we are all going to sleep. We are going on the Star Princess 4/13 and I think the room configurations should be the same.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2002, 07:26 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Quad rooms

I am the family cruise editor here. I was unclear whether you are going on only the Star Princess or also the Golden. If you let me know, I can ask my contacts at Princess to give me more details on the room set up for you.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old March 2nd, 2002, 02:21 PM
Bea

We are going on the Star only. I just didn't think anyone would know yet what the layout is on the Star so that is why I asked about the Golden. Also do you know how many teens are usually on these larger Princess ships. I have a 16 yr. old who is now convinced she will have no other teens on the ship since no one has responded to her messages on this site.

Thanks for your help.
Old March 4th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Luisa

Hi Bea:
I sent an email today to my Princess contact and I'll let you know when I get a response.
Best,
Luisa
Old March 4th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Admiral

We were in a Quad on the Grand last year, it consisted of 2 fixed twin beds on either end of a small night table, with pop down bunk beds above each lower bed. Lower beds did NOT convert to king as they do on some ships.
Old March 4th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cindy,

We are sailing on the Grand @ Easter & are also booked into a quad. We are sailing w/ our 4 year daughter & 12 year son. Our TA told us the 2 twins DO convert into a Queen. Then there would be a sofa bed & a bunk out of the wall somewhere.

How does this sound compared to your experience in your Quad on the Grand? We are assigned to E719 Catagory AD.

thanks for your help.

Laurie
Old March 5th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Bea

Were you in a mini suite? We are on the Star D702, room with sofa bed and one pull down bed. Just can't figure out where it is. I was hoping it was above the sofa bed but don't think it is.

Bea
Old March 12th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Luisa

Bea:
I got info from Princess Cruises and they said that the mini-suites on the Star Princess have two twin beds that can be made up as a queen sized bed. The sitting room includes a sofa bed that can pull out to sleep two more.
I hope this is helpful.
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old April 10th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Yeoman

we're on Celebrity, 7/29, out of Baltimore, room 8169, a 'quad room'. Our travel agent explained that 2 twins convert to 1 king (per request) & 2 upper bunks are above. Is there anywhere to go online to see this setup? I'm having hard time picturing it.