Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2002, 09:46 AM
KellyK

Default October Cruise on Carnival

Our kids have a break the week of October 13. We are looking into taking a cruise on the Paradise (Eastern Carribean) or the Victory (Western Carribean) at that time. We have three boys 7, 11, and 14 and plan on sharing a cabin. I have looked at the reviews for both ships and they both look fine for our needs, but we still can't decide which ship.. Does anyone have any additional information that they could share about cruising in October on these ships? Also does anyone know anything about the family suites on the Victory, the extra space may be nice to have with three boys?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Luisa

Default Re: October Cruise on Carnival

I'm the family cruise editor at CruiseMates.com. We cruised the Destiny in November two years ago (sister ship to Victory). While there weren't tons of kids since it was during school time, there were enough to make the program fun for my daughter who was six years old then. I thought the youth program was very good and we especially liked the family activities which included "Name that Tune," deck games, crafts night, etc. The ship has great facilities for kids and teens, such as the spiral water slide, arcade games, 24 hour pizzeria, etc.
The weather in the fall can be good or it can be questionable. We had some rough seas in that we were just a few days ahead of a small hurricane. However, this time of year generally offers excellent rates.
I hope this helps.
Smooth sailing!
Luisa Frey Gaynor