Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2002, 11:13 AM
Frogfifer

Default Teens in the off-season

I'm planning to cruise the first week of December, and I'm wondering how many teens are likely to be on a ship at that time. I'm taking my (then) 14-year-old son, and hope he won't be the lone teen! We'll be on the Legend, so I know there will be plenty to do, either way.
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2002, 01:00 PM
Luisa Frey Gaynor

Default Re: Teens in the off-season

I'm the family cruise editor here. We cruised in early December with our seven year old daughter and while there weren't lots of kids and teens aboard ship, there were enough for a viable kids' program. Some lines can tell you how many youths are booked on your particular cruise but many don't have the time to check that out for you. As long as your teen is aware ahead of time that it won't be a huge group of peers, he/she'll probably be okay.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old March 27th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Barbra Nuevo

Default Re: Re: Teens in the off-season

We are cruising May 4th - coastal cruise on the Star and are taking our 2 teenage boys. We have not come across anyone on the message boards with teens on this ship. Do you think I picked a back time to take them. I just thought the itinerary was great. I hope they don't regret it.