Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Luisa

Default Cruising with an infant

I'm the family cruise editor here. I just wrote an article that's on the main part of this site on cruising with an infant aboard Disney Cruise Line. If you're considering cruising with a baby, take a look at this article. This coming month I'll post a general article on things to consider when planning a cruise with a little one.
Smooth sailing!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Cruising with an infant

We arrived in Vancouver a day before we sailed. We shipped diapers and formula to the hotel and I tracked it on Fed Ex so I knew it was there. Enfamil sells four ounce premixed formula that you just open and stick on the nipple. We shipped two cases. Yes, it was expensive, but it made feeding our 8 week old so much easier - no mess, nor worry about cleaning bottles (we also bought a bunch of nipples plus tipped the room steward for bringing us some "boiling" water to clean the used ones). We also brought along some diaper disposal bags (they are blue and used them for dirty diapers and no one can smell anything). We didn't have to lug the heavy diaper and formula on the plane. For toddlers, I would suggest a safeline "stroller/car seat" - they are FAA certified for use on the plane and then convert to stroller (the wheels come out like landing gear!) there is a sun shade attachment you can buy, as well. We bought the carseat and the diapers bags at the RightStart website.
Old May 14th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Luisa

Fred:
Thanks for the insights on cruising with a baby. Rather than ship the formula and diapers, we packed them in a large box that we then threw away once we arrived in our cabin. Since we were planning to use them all up during the trip, the box is great because you can dispose of it and not have to carry it home like you would luggage.
I saw someone in the airport with the RightStart car seat/stroller and thought it was a great idea. Lugging a car seat around an airport is not a lot of fun!
The full article on this topic will be on this section of the site by the end of the month.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 18th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Beginner

Luisa,

We will be cruising with two 18 mo. olds this summer on Carnival Triumph. We have 2 quads booked and a double. They have told us that we cannot have two cribs in a room and will have to separate the babies at night. I am wondering if this was the best room to book in this situation. There are 10 of us in the total party.

I would appreciate any advice you could give us. I enjoy reading your posts.

Thank you
Old November 11th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Melinda Steffey

Luisa - where is this article on cruising with an infant??

thanks