Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Yeoman

Default Peat Taylor Tours in Jamaica, Yes/ or No?

Hi,
Has anyone used Peat Taylors service in Jamaica? What does his tour consist of and do you feel safe with him? We will be traveling with friends and have 4 adults, 2-13 year olds and 2-11 year olds. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Linda
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Peat Taylor Tours in Jamaica, Yes/ or No?

I'm not familiar with the tour group. Who referred you to them? Jamaica is one of the few islands that I tell my readers to always go on a group tour. (Generally, I'm all for exploring ports on your own.) If in doubt of this tour guide, then book one through the cruise line because those tour operators want the cruise line's huge business and will make sure you are treated well. By the way, my daughter went to Dunn's River Falls twice (when she was 5 and 7) and loved it each time. Even your teens should think it's pretty cool!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old June 17th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Blumoo

A huge YES to a tour with Peat!!!!!!!! We took his tour last year and we felt safe, informed, and very entertained!!!!!!
Old June 27th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Beginner

A BIG yes from me.

We went with him last December and were charmed!!!

He even sang a round of "The wheels on the bus go round and round" with my grandaughter while driving to the next destination.

Very safe, friendly, and does not ask for any money until the tour is completed. He even took us back to the ship for lunch. BTW his children loves apples and we all brought him back an apple each .
Old July 2nd, 2002, 07:24 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Peat Taylor Tours in Jamaica, Yes/ or No?

Geez, another tour guide who wanted apples? We took a cabbie in Jamaica a while back and he was very good, very safe, etc. Took us to Dunn's River Falls, waited for us while we grabbed a bite on the ship, then took us downtown. When we went to our ship for lunch, he asked if we could bring him some apples. I know it was illegal to bring apples off the ship, but someone in our group did. I was scared that we would all get arrested! Anyway, he was very glad to get them. We have used various cabbies in Jamaica 3 different times. Never had a problem.