Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Indyjls

Default Shore Excursions - Ocho Rios

Can anyone make any recommendations for things to do in Ocho Rios. We are going on a Royal Carribean Cruise with our 5 and 3 year old daughters. I will also be 25 weeks pregnant. My husband and I have been to Ocho Rios before, so we are not very interested in seeing the Rain Forest or Dunns River again. Are the beaches safe? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Shore Excursions - Ocho Rios

Jamaica is one of the few islands where I suggest you go on a group shore excursion. It's not just a safety issue but more that you will get hassled to buy things from people if you're on your own. Both times I called in Jamaica, we went to Dunn's River Falls. However, there probably should be a beach excursion sold through your line.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old July 12th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Shore Excursions - Ocho Rios

Someone told me to go to Jamaica Grand Renassaince Hotel. You can get a cab at the pier and just tell them you want to go there they have lockers and you can use the hotels facilities for around $12 a person. I don't know how much children will be . They have a great pool and things to do in the water. We are going in Aug. and I want to take advantage of such a gorgeous place. The hotel has a website. Good Luck!
Old July 12th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Indyjls

Default Re: Re: Re: Shore Excursions - Ocho Rios

What a spectacular recommendation!! Thank you.
Old July 18th, 2002, 11:14 PM
tom53

Default Re: Shore Excursions - Ocho Rios

Weve been to Dunn's falls as well and I'm sure you remember how aggressive the vendors are there.What ever excusions you wish to take make sure they are approved by your ship.There are other ports of call where we do book excusions not part of the ships program , but not in Ochos Rios.
Good luck
Tom