Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2002, 11:04 AM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to nvogler Send a message via AIM to nvogler Send a message via MSN to nvogler Send a message via Yahoo to nvogler
Default Facilities for children on QE2?

I have a question regarding the availability of child care and children's activities aboard the QE2. My father and I are talking about taking a trip in Fall 2003 aboard the QE2 and we were going to bring my 3 year old son with us to make it three generations sailing together.

My father is concerned that there might not be any or enough facilities onboard to keep my son occupied during the cruise. I realize that Cunard is not as family-oriented as some of the other cruise lines, but I am sure I am not the only one who has ever sailed with children on the QE2.

Can anyone who either knows about children's activities or has sailed with young children on the QE2 please respond, or direct me somewhere where I might find more information? Many thanks.

Post Edited (08-01-02 11:06)
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2002, 07:58 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Facilities for children on QE2?

I'm the family cruise editor here. Actually, the QE2 supposedly has good facilities for little children. They have the only nursery at sea other than those on the Disney ships. The QE2's nursery program is for children aged 1 to 7 years and is staffed by professionally trained British nannies. I have a 10 month old and I'd love to check out the QE2's kids facilities myself! I hear that the Queen Mary 2 will have even more extensive youth facilities when it debuts in 2004.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor