Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2002, 12:48 AM
wakotsen

Default One Month Shy of 2 years old

We are looking at going on Carnival's Elation and my daughter will be 23 months old. Will we be able to put her in Camp Carnival or do they check birth certificates or something? Her older sister and brother are almost 4 and just turned 6 and she hangs out with them as if she were 3 years old so I am not at all worried about her enjoying it or causing any trouble at all. But would hate to get there and find that her siblings get to go have fun and she doesn't. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2002, 03:58 PM
Luisa

Default Re: One Month Shy of 2 years old

I'm the family cruise editor here and I've asked many youth counselors your same question over the years. I wouldn't count on your 23 month old participating in the youth program -- they tend to be sticklers with that. You can always ask once on board however. At least Carnival has a few hours each night that they take those under two years for babysitting -- however, you do have to pay an hourly fee.
Let me know what happens!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old September 2nd, 2002, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: One Month Shy of 2 years old

I am wondering the same thing - when we cruise, our daughter will be 23 1/2 months old when we go. What we were told - was that Carnival likes to please people, and being that close they may take her. They also said however, that we should be prepared to pick her up if they have problems with her. I know Royal does check birth certificates (at least that is what a posting similar to this said).

Let me know if you hear or experience any differently. We are going in December on the Sensation.

Thanks - Mel
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: One Month Shy of 2 years old

We went on that same cruise last August and they let me 22 1/2 old nephew participate in the Camp Carnival program. They said that it depends on the child.