Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2002, 07:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric
Default 3 and 5 year old

I am cruising with my two young children (just the three of us) and am looking for suggestions for a four or five day cruise. I am interested in suggestions that people may have for which boat would be best suited for them.

I welcome ALL suggestions.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2002, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 3 and 5 year old

Hi Eric,
They are just about the age to really enjoy a Disney cruise, although there is still Carnival and RCCL, all would be wonderful!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 22nd, 2002, 10:24 AM
Luisa

Dear Eric:
I'm the family cruise editor here. I have an important question for you: is your three year old toilet trained? If not, then Carnival is your best bet since Disney, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Line counselors do not change diapers. However, if that is not an issue it really depends what you are looking for -- Disney is more of a premium product (and therefore a bit more expensive) than the others but there are a lot of added value activities like character breakfasts, etc.
Cruising is a great vacation for parents traveling solo since you will get some down time when the kids are in the youth program but there are plenty of fun things to do together. Another thought -- if you are interested in getting a private baby-sitter for the kids on a night or two during the cruise, Royal Caribbean is the only line offering this service. Otherwise on the other lines there is only group babysitting which starts at 10 p.m. which I always found is way to late for my kids.
Feel free to ask any add'l questions.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old October 22nd, 2002, 10:24 AM
Luisa

Dear Eric:
I'm the family cruise editor here. I have an important question for you: is your three year old toilet trained? If not, then Carnival is your best bet since Disney, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Line counselors do not change diapers. However, if that is not an issue it really depends what you are looking for -- Disney is more of a premium product (and therefore a bit more expensive) than the others but there are a lot of added value activities like character breakfasts, etc.
Cruising is a great vacation for parents traveling solo since you will get some down time when the kids are in the youth program but there are plenty of fun things to do together. Another thought -- if you are interested in getting a private baby-sitter for the kids on a night or two during the cruise, Royal Caribbean is the only line offering this service. Otherwise on the other lines there is only group babysitting which starts at 10 p.m. which I always found is way to late for my kids.
Feel free to ask any add'l questions.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old October 22nd, 2002, 01:02 PM
All Sea/Suns

Hi Eric, My suggestions are: Disney Cruise, Carnival Cruise, Royal Caribbean Cruiseline or Celebrity. I booked my daughter and her children ages 4 and 6 on the Disney Wonder and they all loved it. Of course the other cruiselines that I mentioned also have good programs for children. If you need more information, you can e-mail back to me. My web site is www-all-sea-sun-travel.com. Connie, Master Cruise Counsellor