Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2002, 01:45 PM
Dayna

Default disney magic eastern excursions?

Hi, we are going in feb on the disney magic and wouldlike to know what excursions would be good choices on St Marten, and St. Thomas? We will have our 2 and 4 year olds. Also my parents 54 and 56 ( no physical problems) and my husband's parents 67 and 70. My father in law is not too into the beach. He will go but he will wear pants and not take off his shoes due to varicose veins. Are there any good tours?
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2002, 09:10 AM
Luisa

Default Re: disney magic eastern excursions?

Dear Dayna:
We have been on the Disney Magic a few times and your four year old is a great age to really get into it. Do you know that you'll have to pay to have your two year old stay at the nursery if you so desire? (See my article on this site of Disney's magical nursery) We had my seven month old stay there are few times and were pleased with the staff and atmosphere.

As for excursions, here are some ideas:

St. Thomas: Take a cab to Magen's Bay (much cheaper than going on a shore excursions). It's a lovely, gentle beach that always rates as one of the finest in the Caribbean.
Your father in law may enjoy taking a short walk through town to the Paradise Point Tram for the ride up to the observation spot. There's a few shops here and a cafe but most importantly, there is a fabulous view of the island and especially your ship in the harbor!
Or, maybe you could split up and some of you take the two year old to the beach and some of the other adults take the four year old to either Coral World or the Atlantis Sub ride. I find that toddlers do best at the beach but maybe your older child would want to do an excursion with grandpa!

St. Maarten: St. Maarten is a little harder since some of the best beaches are nude or topless which may or may not be your cup of tea. Actually on our last visit to St. Maarten we just took the short water taxi from the ship into town and right when you get off is a nice beach. I was amazed at how clear and nice the water was.

I'd like to hear about your cruise upon your return. When do you sail?

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old November 2nd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Dayna

Default Re: Re: disney magic eastern excursions?

Thanks again Luisa, your information is always so helpful. I think the tram ride would be perfect for all of us with a nice shorter visit to the beach. I love to sight see myself and absolutely love heights. I did not know about the tram. We are sailing on February 22, 2003. I will certainly write and let you know how we all enjoyed the cruise.
Thanks.
Dayna
Old November 4th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: disney magic eastern excursions?

Glad to hear I helped! Make sure you bring a camera for the great photo ops at the top of Paradise Point Tram!
Best,
Luisa