Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2002, 06:11 AM
JenS

Default What activities are there for 17 yr. old on Carnival Fantasy

My 17 yr. old niece wants to join our family cruise on Carnival's Fantasy ship leaving Port Canaveral on 1/30/2003 for 3 nights. On the Carnival web page I could only find info. on Camp Carnival which seems to have a teen program but the cut-off age is 15. What is there for those 17-20? And where are they allowed (if with an adult). Can they go in the disco? Lounges? Are there programs just for them? And is there a way to find out if there are other teens booked on 1/30 (since it is an "off" date for family cruising)?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Luisa

Default Re: What activities are there for 17 yr. old on Carnival Fan

Dear Jen:
Carnival does have activities for older teens like your niece, however they are coordinated by the social host rather than the teen director. The line has found that teens that age don't want to do too many organized activities so instead they offer things like teen time in the disco or going to one of the shows together. While there won't be too many teens on during your late January cruise, we were on Carnival during the off season once (early Nov.) and I was amazed at how many kids and teens were aboard ship.
I hope this helps.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor