Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Carol S.

Default Brilliance of the Seas excursions w/kids

We are going on a 10 day cruise in November, and I'm struggling with which excursions (if any) to book. My husband and I have been to many of the islands (been to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios--though not Aruba or Curacao yet). We will have our 8 and 4 yr old sons, too. There are so many offerings for excursions, but they are all fairly pricey for a family of four. Many have age restrictions starting at 6 years old. I'm celebrating a special birthday on Cozumel, so this is the one place I'm thinking of splurging on the Xcaret Eco-Archeological Park excursion (8 hours-yikes!).

I know this is a detailed question, but in general what have others done with young kids on islands? Are the excursions kid-friendly? My 4-year old could be a little unpredictable on a one-hour bus ride...

Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Carol S.

Default Read many of your posts and got some answers

Luisa, have you come closer on that article you referred to in some older posts, about what to do on different islands. This website is very helpful, and it sounds like Chakanaab is the place to go in Cozumel. I'll save a ton if I do go there instead of Xcaret.
Old November 13th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Brilliance of the Seas excursions w/kids

Hi Carol:
SOrry I didn't answer you earlier but I was on the Brilliance for a 3-day press cruise. Beautiful ship with great kids' facilities indoor and out. You'll love it! Can you refresh me as to which ports you'll be calling at so I can give you more detailed suggestions on what to do? Also, I'm glad you mentioned it but for some reason the article I wrote last year with shore excursion suggestions isn't listed here. I'll check on what happened to it! By the way, is your four year old the only child you'll be cruising with? (Just helps to know the kids' ages prior to making suggestions..).
I look forward to hearing from you.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old December 12th, 2002, 08:45 PM
TammyRutledge

Default Re: Brilliance of the Seas excursions w/kids

Many are pricey, you can save money by booking indepent operators or directly rather than through the ship.

In Grand Cayman you might have a look at Grand Cayman Cruise Excurions as they have reduced rates and tell you which excursions have age and other requirements.

I think you could do the beach horseback riding and ride with your 4 year old, stingray city, Atlantis, you could rent a car and visit rum point, great family beach, so many to choose from....and thats just one location....

You can find the same type of site for different locations, much better deals and great operators with smaller groups or unique trips. enjoy