Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2002, 07:41 PM
jesslch

Default Back from Celebrity Constellation with baby

It was a wonderful trip. My 14 month old daughter had a blast. She received lots of attention from the warm, wonderful staff.

A few notes...

Kids under age 3 and/or in diapers aren't allowed to set foot in the Fun Factory, even to play under parent's supervision. It is some kind of health code regulation.

The crib provided was a pack n play type. I'm glad we didn't bring ours. I did bring my own pack n play sheets, though. Celebrity just had a regular sheet folded up.

Shore excursions were free for kids under 3. We took the baby on the "Antigua Beack Break" which I wouldn't recommend. It went to Miller's Beach. I'm sure we could have found a much nicer beach on our own. We also took the baby on the "Coral World and Magen's Bay" tour in St. Thomas. She loved looking at the fish at Coral World and had a blast at the beautiful beach. The crowds weren't bad as the tour was in the morning. At other ports we explored on our own or took turns with the baby. We traveled with a family group of 9 so taking turns with the baby wasn't a problem.

The sit n stroll comb carseat stroller was great. We used it on the plane (we always buy a seat for the baby), in cabs and as a stroller.

It was a wonderful trip. Our only mistake was flying down the same day. The baby was great (slept for 2 hours on the plane) but it made for a long and exhausting travel day.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Back from Celebrity Constellation with baby

You can ignore my prior email asking you about how the cruise went -- I didn't see this, you second message, when I wrote that.
Glad to hear you had a good trip.
Best,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 20th, 2003, 11:36 AM
zzz

Default Re: Back from Celebrity Constellation with baby

did you use in room babysitting ? if so could you please answer the following :
were sitters hard to book ?
could sitters be booked during the day or only at night ?
could you charge the cost to shipboard account or did you have to pay cash ?
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:25 PM
jesslch

Default Re: Re: Back from Celebrity Constellation with baby

no, we never used in room sitting (we had grandma and grandpa with us), but did receive info on sitting upon boarding. it was available after 9 pm in the evening only, if I am not mistaken. sorry I don't have more info.

jess