Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Passenger

Default infant travel on ncl the dawn

I have just booked my cruise on NCL The Dawn. My husband and I are taking our 16 year old, his friend, 5 year old & 31/2month old. I have cruised with my older two but am looking for my baby. I booked to adjoing suites for extra space. I was wondering if a travel system stroller is advisable? My son will be four months and will need a carrier to sit in. I looking for the easiest stress free traveling. Any input would be great. Traveling with formula etc and baby items is starting to seem overwhelming.
Thanks,
Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Luisa

Default Re: infant travel on ncl the dawn

I'm the family cruise editor here and cruised with my son last spring when he was 7 and 9 months old. You really have to be organized as far as figuring out how much formula, diapers, etc. to bring. (We also had to bring a ton of baby food too!) Please read the article on this section of the site that I wrote called "Bringing the Baby." Feel free to ask me any questions after reading the article.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old January 16th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: infant travel on ncl the dawn

an infant backpack is an ideal item to have, strollers can be very cumbersome, if you feel the need to have one i would go for the umbrella strollers, remember that strollers don't go to well in the sand.
Old February 7th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Re: Re: infant travel on ncl the dawn

Luisa, does NCL babysit infants under 1 year old?
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: infant travel on ncl the dawn

Hi Nicholas:
First off, thanks for all your interest and input in this site. I've seen your messages frequently and it's nice to know people who use this site regularly.
Unfortunately NCL used to offer private babysitting but they no longer do. Thus there isn't any type of group or private babysitting for those under two years old. Children who are two and older can participate in the youth program and evening group babysitting. If your tot isn't toilet trained, they'll give you a beeper so you can come change a dirty diaper. Also, you won't be allowed off the ship if your children is in the youth program in diapers.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old February 16th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: infant travel on ncl the dawn

Thanks Luisa. Yes, I've been monitoring this board for a few months. My wife and I have cruised 11 times before the birth of our little angel girl last September. And now, we are in desparate need of a cruise fix!!! We will be in South Florida end of March for 10 days at my parents'. We'd like to fit in a short cruise if we can to see how baby reacts before going back to longer ones. We're considering the Norwegian Sea mostly because of its flexible dining options which may come in handy with a 7-month old. We had considered your suggestion from another email to try DCL but given we will be just a few minutes away from the Port of Miami, we'd like to cruise from there. At any rate, still thinking about it! Nicolas
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: infant travel on ncl the dawn

HI Nicolas:
Sounds like a good plan. Yes, NCL's flexible dining is very handy with kids since you can dine when you want. If you do choose NCL, make your dining reservations for the whole cruise as soon as you board the first day.
Keep me posted.
Best,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Old February 20th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Celestino P. Malgapo Jr.

Default Re: infant schooling in LCC-C

Im a douther of base guitar in dawn princess the name of bond is legacy.