Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2003, 05:31 PM
susan&spence

Default Which cruise line for a 13 month old?

My husband, son (13 months) and I are planning a cruise. We have been looking at Disney, Princess and RCCL. Princess and RCCL claim that they will let him play in the childrens area as long as he is supervised by an adult. Does Disney have a similar policy? Which cruise line is the best?

susan
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Which cruise line for a 13 month old?

Susan picking a cruise is so very individual, we can give you our opinions and let you make your own decision. I believe that Disney has supervised babysitting for infants, not sure of the age limits, they give you a beeper in case they need to get in contact with you, go to Disney's web site, its full of great info and you can get a free planning video that really helps. You really can't go wrong with any of the cruise lines you are thinking about, they are all very kid-friendly. If you want a "Disney" experience then go Disney. If you aren't into everything Disney then I would pick either a Voyager Class ship of RCCL or the Grand Class ships of Princess- these are the big ships with lots to do. Sit down with a Travel Agent and tell them what you want and don't want and they will help you pick just the right cruise.
Old January 16th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Luisa

Default Re: Which cruise line for a 13 month old?

Dear Susan and Spence:
I'm the family cruise editor here. We cruised with our 7 month old son last year on Disney Cruise Line and then again when he was 9 months with Royal Caribbean. I would definitely go with Disney since they are the only cruise line with a fleet wide nursery for infants and toddlers. While there is an hourly charge for it, it is available during set hours during the day and evening. The nursery has toys, videos, cribs, and the counselors were great. (Read my article on this site on Disney's Magical Nursery.) While Royal Caribbean has private babysitting the sitters have to stay in your room which isn't the greatest option during the day. Note that while the line may say you can bring your child into the youth room even though they are too young for the programs, the counselors rarely let you once you are aboard. Don't go with Princess since they don't even have private babysitting.
Feel free to ask any add'l questions.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor